Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: QB
Brad Johnson 9 47.37%
Mark Brunell 10 52.63%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-22-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Re: HAY GUISE - L.A. Happy Hour mid-September-ish

im down for drinking and poker, depending on the weekend...going out of town the 21st...

hopefully its not an issue for you all if i suck at poker now and splash around like a commerce regular [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 08-22-2007, 11:22 AM

Can you guys please do 15th [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]? I'm coming back on the 14th. If dom shows up i'll bring him his Chinese movie (that is if i find one). PJ if you want any Chinese DVDs please let me know asap i'll be leaving China in a week. (Have you seen Protege?). I'm not much of a drinker but I'm definitely down to be the official sausage fest photographer and donate monies.
Old 08-22-2007, 12:00 PM

Count me in if I'm around. This could be legendary.

KG
Old 08-22-2007, 01:18 PM

p.s. if I make this and I seem like really reserved, chipper, and aloof...its because I probably smoked a blunt or two before rolling out.
Old 08-22-2007, 01:33 PM

suz,

Yeah you can bring Aladare, everyone would get a kick out of it. You may be disappointed on me teaching you "PUA combo moves" b/c I don't know any, [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

I'm willing to DD anyone from the OC area IF I'm not out of town on the actual date of happy hour.

Yugoslav
Old 08-22-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does Chateau Marmont sound good to anyone?

[/ QUOTE ]

I love it but they're strict about not letting just any group of yahoos come in -- you need to be a guest or have reservations; same goes for Bar Marmont around the corner.

My vote is for Cat & Fiddle. The outside area is large enough that we could find space for everyone (and those who smoke, too), it's not too pretentious, and it's situated in Hollywood where Eastsiders like Aloysius and LFSlim wouldn't have to go too far, and Westsiders like me and anyone from West L.A./Santa Monica wouldn't be making an hour-long journey to Pasadena.

Also there's darts inside.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cat & Fiddle is cool. Nice atmosphere, plenty of room outside.

Bar Marmont is what I meant. As long as you get a room or a bungalo you can bring as many tools in at once as you want. I think getting a bungalo and maybe setting up a poker table would be pretty damn sweet. Some of the nuttiest parties I've ever been to have been in those bungalos.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:26 PM

Since i've been to those same parties as Suzzer, i completely agree, and those have all been legendary!!! There, it's like 'no worries' regarding parties- and i'm really good at get past body guards and talking them into things (i probably just jinxed myself there tho!) I'm not a poker player but might depending on the mood of the mass...but i do like to party, so i'll be cool. Lookin forward to this and skunk is bringing the taboo sex pics...YEA!!!
Old 08-27-2007, 10:24 PM

Necessary bump.

This is going to happen on the weekend of the 15th, up until now I wasn't certain, but the weekend before is just one week after Labor Day. By waiting a week I can leave early on Friday, maybe even take the whole day off.

Just an FYI so we can work towards firming things up. We can meet up on Friday the 14th or Saturday the 15th (I'm guessing this one would be harder for some but it's all the same to me), maybe Thursday the 13th if it's a crowd favorite.

I have also secured lodging with my friends in Pasadena and may just cab down to the area if I think I'm gonna get weird.

Thanks for listening.

EDIT: even daytime afternoon 15th or 16th is feasible if we want to parlay some poker or a get-together around college or pro football. Would just like to get this ball rolling so I can firm up the rest of my schedule.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:32 PM

If it's the 14th (or 13th), I could be in. I think I have some training to do in Azusa so it wouldn't be a bad little trip for me to make.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:47 PM

I'd prefer Friday the 14th but the 15th would also work. Tup, a cab from Pasadena isn't going to be cheap FYI. Might make more sense to get a hotel room and split the cost with other people from far away who want to drink (skunkworks?).