Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes

Old 11-30-2007, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Post hands where your cbet is raised and you play back?

It seems that the lesson so far is: If people are playing back with crap, react in a situation where it is unlikely for the opponent to be able to continue. If people are being sensible, step down.
Old 11-30-2007, 03:56 AM

and just so you know, i think that's the only time i played back after my cbet was raised all day. guess what, i still won multiple buyins.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:25 AM

Full Tilt Poker, $2/$4 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $379.30
MP: $414.40
Hero (CO): $424.60
BTN: $360
SB: $824.95
BB: $459.10

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $14</font>, BTN calls $14, 2 folds

Flop: ($34) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $66</font>, Hero calls $44

Turn: ($166) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($166) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $100</font>, BTN folds

Results: $166 Pot ($3 Rake)
Hero mucked T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and WON $163 (+$83 NET)

villain is 35/25, kind of erratic, just three bet a utg raiser with 93o and showed when he folded.

earlier in the session he three bet me i called and c/f'ed the flop after timing down a little bit.

i've been playing pretty tight and haven't been shown bluffing.

when he raises the flop it feels like a wtf i'm gonna raise the flop cause you're oop and you've got to fold if you have overcards which you're gonna have a lot.

i'm pretty sure he's thinking this so i just call the raise and rep a hand like TT+, remember my image is good, plus i don't think he has much and believe he is a thinking player, just with laggy stats.

he checks the turn which is green light to fire a lot of rivers imo.

i can rep an overpair, maybe even a flush, and he folds.

A couple things made this line work imo.

1. I'm aware of my image as solid so far, plus we have history of me laying down to him before so we have some type of rapport, if that's the right word. with some people that rapport doesn't mean [censored] and they'll keep firing with bluffs or top pair on the board in this hand regardless of my call, but in this instance i felt that his turn bet meant he was giving me some type of credit.

2. the flush came in and he didn't bet the turn. i have more hands i can rep here. i didn't bet the turn but i could've whiffed a c/r, maybe ill donk the turn with a flush, maybe ill go for a c/r, he knows he has a crazy kind of aggressive image so he may think i think he's gonna follow up with a turn bet...

3. i put in a decent size river bet and not a lot of people at 2/4 would take this line with air so in combo with my image my line looks fairly strong.

pretty borderline play imo but with my read of him along with my image and how the hand played out with him checking behind fairly quickly on the turn, my line seemed to fit nicely.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:34 AM

A good tell with some weaker players are what they do when they actually have top pair.. seems simple enough but helps a ton. For instance, at least in HU play, a lot of players have a tendency to just call with top pair in 3-bet pots, that's sort of what they do. So when they all of a sudden make a small raise they really have all or nothing and it's usually nothing.

Villain in this hand insta-raised, I've been c-betting 3-bet pots most of the time.. We had a big hand prior where he just called with KQ on a 710K two club flop so I was pretty sure that on this board he had nothing.

Full Tilt Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players

Hero (BB): $233
SB: $312.50

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
<font color="red">SB raises to $6</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $20</font>, SB calls $14

Flop: ($40) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $85</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $213 and is All-In</font>, SB folds

Results: $210 Pot ($0.50 Rake)
Hero mucked T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and WON $209.50 (+$104.50 NET)

Of course with better players it gets harder, but for the most part if you have a general feel of someone's tendencies, your play is at least justified in some way instead of just looking at PT AF stats and randomly deciding to make a stand. Also of course I'd like to be in situations where when I do get called, I have a little equity.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Pre-Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (CO)

Flop: ($34) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $22</font>, <font color="red">BTN raises to $66</font>, Hero calls $44

Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero mucked T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and WON $163 (+$83 NET)

[/ QUOTE ]

You got a great turn to allow a bluff but floating this flop OOP is pretty damn terrible, I don't care if this guy is bluff-raising every flop. I'd much rather push than call but they both suck compared to just folding.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hero checks, BTN checks

villain is 35/25, kind of erratic, just three bet a utg raiser with 93o and showed when he folded.

earlier in the session he three bet me i called and c/f'ed the flop after timing down a little bit.

i've been playing pretty tight and haven't been shown bluffing.

when he raises the flop it feels like a wtf i'm gonna raise the flop cause you're oop and you've got to fold if you have overcards which you're gonna have a lot.

i'm pretty sure he's thinking this so i just call the raise and rep a hand like TT+, remember my image is good, plus i don't think he has much and believe he is a thinking player, just with laggy stats.

he checks the turn which is green light to fire a lot of rivers imo.

i can rep an overpair, maybe even a flush, and he folds.

A couple things made this line work imo.

1. I'm aware of my image as solid so far, plus we have history of me laying down to him before so we have some type of rapport, if that's the right word. with some people that rapport doesn't mean [censored] and they'll keep firing with bluffs or top pair on the board in this hand regardless of my call, but in this instance i felt that his turn bet meant he was giving me some type of credit.

2. the flush came in and he didn't bet the turn. i have more hands i can rep here. i didn't bet the turn but i could've whiffed a c/r, maybe ill donk the turn with a flush, maybe ill go for a c/r, he knows he has a crazy kind of aggressive image so he may think i think he's gonna follow up with a turn bet...

3. i put in a decent size river bet and not a lot of people at 2/4 would take this line with air so in combo with my image my line looks fairly strong.

pretty borderline play imo but with my read of him along with my image and how the hand played out with him checking behind fairly quickly on the turn, my line seemed to fit nicely.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. TBH, this looks so crazy that I can't imagine you're missing much value/profit by never doing it.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:22 AM

so where are your guys' examples mmmmm?
Old 11-30-2007, 10:43 AM

dagreez,

did you expect him to fire turn..and were you planning on c/r'ing it?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:45 AM

its jsut a retardedly played hand and he probably has a big bunch of similar hands were he spewed off a buyin. he would never post those tho would he. that hand is completely TERRIBLE
Old 11-30-2007, 01:12 PM

Wow, you 6-max guys are sick. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]