Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip

Old 11-11-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Ethicality of High Stakes HU - DaEvila

Is it unethical if one guy uses a HUD and the other guy doesn't?

Seriously, this is the worst thread ever; not surprised to see it was started buy a guy who reg'd less than a week ago.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:55 PM

I think 3 great players, all of varying styles, would actually add more confusion than help in a game with a very finite amount of time to make decisions.

However, if they switched off playing (one for 10 hands, then the other, then the other) that would an absolute nightmare.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:18 PM

cts has never ever conferenced about a hand - when he stayed w us this summer he would go in the other room to play and not talk to anybody the whole time
Old 11-11-2007, 06:35 PM

if there swapping info on betting patterns and tells ect seems a bit low to do that.when there is that much money at stake thers more incentive to do that sort of thing tho. obv more open to questionable activitys.imo
Old 11-11-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
cts has never ever conferenced about a hand - when he stayed w us this summer he would go in the other room to play and not talk to anybody the whole time

[/ QUOTE ]

ya but he has a superuser account

evidence: http://www.pokerhand.org/?1261209
Old 11-11-2007, 06:42 PM

i really really really hate having the opinion of multiple people with varying styles, plays on later streets are often set up by style and play on previous streets and there are very few combinations of players that are good for each other. there are definitely people that i would like to have help me, but others that i would not even enjoy the help of. in fact, ine some cases, i'd rather have someone who plays lower stakes just so i could ask fundamental questions to from time to time before i made a REALLY bad call, or to stop me from tilting (the biggest, by far, benefit of multiple people 'conferencing').

i actually have a pretty funny story about 'conferencing' or two or three people playing on the same name, but the world will never know..
Old 11-11-2007, 06:42 PM

Really stupid of Evils to say somthing like this in chat
Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 PM

We know for sure Caby played alone
Old 11-11-2007, 06:44 PM

uhm, its kinda a given they split action. has not anyone seen the weed brownies 200/400 video?

welcome to the internets
Old 11-11-2007, 06:53 PM

Out of interest, is this cheating, angle shooting or totally acceptable when the other person asks you if its you or if you are chatting to people on AIM/Skype etc and the person lies in response to them?

-----

I feel uncomfortable with the concept, but i dont think my opinion is important as im not remotely close to those stakes and i dont think ive got the mentality i could ever play that high anyway even assuming i bridged the skill gap.

CTS in his blog, about a week back, linked to a good 2+2 thread started by Jman a while back. I dont have the link but its easy to find. Basically it was a hand Jman played against Roland de Wolf, where by about halfway into the thread it became clear that everyone accepted that though the account belonged to Roland the player behind it was Patrik Antonius.

If i were in Jmans shoes (ie, i was just a random fish who sat down with Roland) i would be totally pissed that instead of someone who probably has an edge over me im playing HU with the person who is said to be the best heads up player.