Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8

Old 11-05-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: $15/$30 6 Max

this hand is weird and like tex said, i didn't answer at first cuz i'm confused.

but i'll start with the river. i dont' like it. you can get the overcall from MP for high.

your line works when:

MP has nothing, aka live ace for low and button is just FOS for high.

or

you put MP on a better low and you're trying to bump out MP for the low. this scenario doesn't work because you checked turn so your hand range is now narrowed way down. if you semibluffed with A2xx, you would keep firing on the turn 100%. but as for handranges, i also think you're actually ahead of MP's low range because he checked a low board TWICE after raising preflop and betting the flop. who the hell does that in short-handed game?

or

you're trying to knock out MP who you think is beating you for high. this scenario doesn't work because you checked turn and therefore your high must be poo. so i'd look you up. luckily your two pair isn't that low in the range so you might even get bottom two to call.

as for the button, it's weird that he doesn't bet the turn with a low and yet fire the river on a Queen. that Q doesn't change much for high hands other than queens up/set so is he value betting queens up or A4/32low? either way, it's a one way hand he's betting.

btw, i made a river play like this on a hand i posted previously but the turn play was much different cuz i had the betting lead, therefore allowing me to c/r.

all in all, the turn check reduces your hand range to the point that a successful river c/r to get a better one way hand is close to impossible.

but, i can actually see you getting half of this pot out of sheer curisoity by sombody who got very confused and paid off with a hand they would normally muck.
Old 11-05-2007, 04:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Quick question for those advocating a turn bet....are you calling a raise and c/c the river? Folding to any turn heat? c/f the river? Appreciate it.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Jlocdog - I don't think there will be a turn raise.

With only three players left, Hero, CO and Button, if Hero bets and CO raises, Button will find it tough to continue. If that does happen and Button folds, I'd call the raise and then check/call the river. But I don't think that will happen.

I'm going to leave here shortly. As I'm driving down the hill, I may pass someone coming in the opposite direction. I'm going to keep going if that happens, keeping to the right hand side of the road, not pulling over and stopping, afraid the other driver will pull over on my side of the road and ram me, head-on. I don't think that will happen. It's not impossible, but I don't think it will happen. Similarly, if Hero bets, and CO just calls, I don't think Button will raise.

Could Button raise, then Hero call, then CO make a limp-re-raise? Yes it's possible, but I don't think it will happen that way. So I'm not going to fold to the raise.

If CO calls and button raises, then I'm not sure. Will CO call a double big bet? If I don't think so, I re-raise. If I do think so, I simply going to call the raise.

One last possibility is if Hero bets, CO folds, and Button raises. In that ugly case, I bite the bullet and call, and then check/call the last betting round.

But considering the action up to this point, I don't think Hero will get raised if he bets. And he might take down the whole pot with a bet on the turn, or at least knock out one opponent who would otherwise have beaten him for all or part of the pot.

I'd bet the turn with no intention of folding to a raise.

I see posters advocating betting and then folding to a raise, and although I think that might be the way to play if you're in a place where you'll leave after the current hand and never see these particular opponents again, I think that line of play is exploitable and thus very short sighted if you're going to continue to play with any of these opponents or on-lookers.

Buzz
Old 11-05-2007, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...but, i can actually see you getting half of this pot...

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Howzit - It's a fixed-limit game, not pot-limit.

Buzz

Edit: Dumb of me. It's my eyes. Today they're giving me fuzzy images. I read "getting" as "betting." Sorry. I'd take it back and just delete this post if ProDonkey had not already pointed out my error.

Buzz
Old 11-05-2007, 05:28 PM

it's h/l though, so the pot gets split
Old 11-05-2007, 08:00 PM

Dave,

Although its a bizarre line, I actually like it. The problem with betting out on the turn is that it probably makes you feel compelled to bet the river. A lot would depend on game dynamics. On Stars, for example, you're probably not getting anyone out no matter what you do [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

gl

bdd
Old 11-05-2007, 10:08 PM

I dislike PF, but meh. bet the turn for sure! maybe a c/r? nh sir.