Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 12:57 PM

Default Re: 50/1 flop spot

[ QUOTE ]
Who is villain? and are you a prima regular?

[/ QUOTE ]

a1b2 (or some variation) was villain (i think his location was somewhere in Great Britain), & no, i am far from a prima reg

my thoughts were that players will pretend they are steaming after losing a big pot more than they are actually steaming. But 1010 has too much value here to fold on the flop. If i call his flop c/r, then i should not be folding on any turn, but he should know that, and therefore bluff a very small % of the time on the turn, making a fold more correct. Gah, idk, hsnl help me out.

Also i think rr'ing the flop is bad, because when all the $ goes in, i am shown a Q very often.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
But 1010 has too much value here to fold on the flop. If i call his flop c/r, then i should not be folding on any turn, but he should know that, and therefore bluff a very small % of the time on the turn, making a fold more correct.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think that this is a very good post. If you think that he's really not on tilt, then I'd be calling the flop and mostly folding to his turn bets. If he is tilting, you should be calling the turn with a higher frequency.

Also, what if you flat it and he checks to you on the turn, what's the plan then?
Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Who is villain? and are you a prima regular?

[/ QUOTE ]

a1b2 (or some variation) was villain (i think his location was somewhere in Great Britain), & no, i am far from a prima reg

my thoughts were that players will pretend they are steaming after losing a big pot more than they are actually steaming. But 1010 has too much value here to fold on the flop. If i call his flop c/r, then i should not be folding on any turn, but he should know that, and therefore bluff a very small % of the time on the turn, making a fold more correct. Gah, idk, hsnl help me out.

Also i think rr'ing the flop is bad, because when all the $ goes in, i am shown a Q very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

good post but you might be underestimating how easily the euros go on monkey tilt
Old 11-01-2007, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good post but you might be underestimating how easily the euros go on monkey tilt

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe so true
Old 11-01-2007, 03:26 PM

Yeah,

there are so many differences between european players and american's. In europe we usually make fun of americans that we love to have them at the table and such, but a lot of you guys are really really nitty (no fun in playing Stars or Full Tilt).

I play 2,5/5 and 5/10 at Betfair and Everest and the average pot is about 3 times higher. Limping seems everyone's favourite sport around here.

Oh and don't fold this against A1B2. Unless off course the board get more f*cked up on the turn.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Oh and don't fold this against A1B2. Unless off course the board get more f*cked up on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

what does the turn have to do with your calling/folding? u think he might have A6 and therefore ud fold on an A turn?
Old 11-01-2007, 03:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't agree with this thinking at all. to most people, a call with look stronger than a raise. against a crazy euro who can do this with 88 (for value, to protect, ebcasue he thinks he has the best hand) or A 6 or something, he wants to get it in. if you want to make YOUR line look bluffy, 3-betting the flop is good too. I thin khe's FOS a lot, but i don't think his continuation % on the turn is THAT much higher than his shove % if you did something wacky like make the flop 5100.

yes, obviously we'd rather him have raised the flop to 2100 instead of 2600, giving us more room to manuever, but whatever.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i don't agree with this thinking at all. to most people, a call with look stronger than a raise. against a crazy euro who can do this with 88 (for value, to protect, ebcasue he thinks he has the best hand) or A 6 or something, he wants to get it in. if you want to make YOUR line look bluffy, 3-betting the flop is good too. I thin khe's FOS a lot, but i don't think his continuation % on the turn is THAT much higher than his shove % if you did something wacky like make the flop 5100.

yes, obviously we'd rather him have raised the flop to 2100 instead of 2600, giving us more room to manuever, but whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're right, of course, if our opponent is a logical thinking player. however, against a tilting spewtard eurofish, he's way more likely to bluff stacks than to call off a stack light. most of his bluffing range is pairless here I think, and those hands won't call a shove, but will often spew the turn when we call. if we had room, a minreraise is kinda the best of both worlds, but i dont know that we do.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:17 PM

you cant rr flop with this little behind.
Old 11-01-2007, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
you cant rr flop with this little behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats certainly not true. the board is so dry that you can literally minraise and still put a lot of pressure on him.