UTG: $287.50
UTG+1: $957.50
MP1: $208.50
MP2: $0
hero: $270
Button: $1175
SB: $514.50
BB: $1211

Pre-flop: (8 players) hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (8.67SB, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (4.33BB, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.33BB, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">hero bets</font>?

ok pot-juicing hand from Late position?

bet the turn for value?

obvious river bluff?
Old 10-12-2007, 03:33 PM

Default Re: $15/$30 LO8 (full tilt)

[ QUOTE ]
good/bad?

[/ QUOTE ]Good. I especially like your turn bet.

The river bet is highly opponent dependent. Are you going to get away with stealing the pot against this opponent at least one time out of eight?

However, even if you get caught, it's good "advertising." (But then you want to somehow make the advertising pay off for you).

Buzz

Edit:
[ QUOTE ]
ok pot-juicing hand from Late position?

[/ QUOTE ]Yes.

[ QUOTE ]
bet the turn for value?

[/ QUOTE ]Not exactly. Partly for value.

[ QUOTE ]
obvious river bluff?

[/ QUOTE ]Sort of. (It's a known spot for bluffing a board like this one in a limit game).

Old 10-12-2007, 04:32 PM

I hate spots like this because your hand is almost face up. I would probably 3 barrel this. After checking the flop, I would probably check the turn too since everyone is going to be incredulous. If I'm in the hand, I'm snapping you with Jx here if a few people fold first.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:33 PM

here's the notes from my first post that got deleted:
<font color="green">Hi Howzit - I didn't delete it. Once in a while I look at the preview and then somehow forget to click "continue." Perhaps you did that and that's how it got deleted. - Buzz</font>
i would 4 barrel it. if you fire on flop and don't face resistance, it'll be easy to rep AKxx AAxx.

the river is tricky since backdoor diamonds got there and luckily you have Ad so betting is pretty much mandatory.

the way you played: no good hands let go on the turn. meaning you have to fire the river on anything. that sucks. your bluff works dependant of how you play top pair. if you check back AAxx or AKxx to maintain pot control, then it'll have a good chance of working.

opponents interpretation of your flop check is key to your hand.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hate spots like this because your hand is almost face up.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm not disagreeing, but i don't see what's wrong with betting a 2 way hand in position here... it's not like i'm making a pure bluff or something like that. there's no reason i can't have either or both flush draws here, or even just a naked 4.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no good hands let go on the turn. meaning you have to fire the river on anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

in my mind i wasn't planning on bluffing most rivers, it just so happened that a diamond fell... i think most offsuit high cards would warrant a check-through... too likely to get picked off in those instances.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:17 PM

your success rate on a turn bluff is low.

so, if value is what you're looking for, run hand ranges in twodimes and see if you're getting the best of it. if your range comes up better than the 2:1 you'll be getting on the calls from button and BB (huge assumption you don't get raised)you can bet all day long.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i think most offsuit high cards would warrant a check-through... too likely to get picked off in those instances.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why checking the flop and then value betting AA/AK would be sweet. since you don't, i guess waving the white flag is the only thing you can do.
Old 10-12-2007, 05:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
your success rate on a turn bluff is low.

[/ QUOTE ]Hi Howzit - Dave's turn bet is not a bluff. It's a semi-bluff.

Dave does have the nut draw for low (plus a bad spade draw), and it doesn't look as though anybody (including Dave) has a four. Opponents should see the bet for what it is or possibly aces or a king (making two pairs, kings over).

I think the turn bet is really a very fine bet. And it sets up a possible bluff on the river, making the river bluff more plausible. (A bet on the river is a bluff).

Buzz
Old 10-13-2007, 02:49 PM

I like the hand as a whole. At first I was turned off by the diamond river and thought a non flush card would better suit your bluff. Thinking about it a bit more though, I actually prefer the diamond hitting. And as Buzz said, a good cheap spot to advertise in.