Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

View Poll Results: Give back the 500??
Yes 9 4.74%
No 181 95.26%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-09-2007, 12:59 AM

Default Re: Current Quarterback Controversies

Yeah, ok, I see that, plus, Clemens will get killed less?

Of course, if they just switched to a 4-3...... But as long as they're in that stupid 3-4....
Old 10-09-2007, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh good one. Depends on how Quinn looks in practice. When/if he's ready, might as well throw him to the wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think as long as the Browns still have a fighting chance at making the playoffs this year, they keep Quinn on the bench. They've been able to put up points with Anderson as QB, so I don't see a reason to change that until they have no chance at the playoffs.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:09 AM

In every instance IF the younger player is ready in the opinion of the coaching staff AND their current starter is not the QB of the forseeable future (re: this yr and next) they should make the switch.

I think Pennington should be the starter only because I don't know why he's not the man there. Shouldn't be a controversy but maybe I am not up to speed on the Jets.

In Kansas City you could go either way, but the team is still in the playoff hunt (lol no really) and should start the person who gives them best chance to win. Mostly because Croyle isn't franchise material, or prob not.

Buffalo should stick with Edwards most likely. For a rookie through two starts he looks pretty good. Like, he *looks* like a QB if that makes sense. Real potential for franchise player here. Losman probably not at this point but still has room to improve, I think his ceiling isn't too high though.

Atlanta it doesn't matter. Harrington played well two games. He's not good though. We all know this. There are maybe some people still with hope. I don't know why. They haven't seen him play enough. Period. Leftwich needs more time in the offense, and certainly should get playing time at some point. This week or next. You need to find out if he can hold the offense before the draft. Harrington is not the guy, he's not supposed to be.

Tavaris Jackson is god awful but the Vikings have to keep playing him and fire Childress if he fails,lol. Holcomb is a journyman. There is maybe 5-10% chance Jackson develops into solid player. 0% chance Holcomb becomes a star.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:09 AM

The Falcons lost the last game because they took out Harrington for no reason. If anyone really believes that Leftwich should be the starter they need to rethink commenting on American sports.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The Falcons lost the last game because they took out Harrington for no reason. If anyone really believes that Leftwich should be the starter they need to rethink commenting on American sports.

[/ QUOTE ]Not really. Harrington was rattled beyond belief at the end of the game and couldn't throw a good ball to save his life. Because the defense was owning his line and he had no time. By the end it was too late though. Harrington was done. Too much abuse. The only real shot they had was to hope Leftwich didn't suck. He came in and completed a pass. Then Jenkins dropped a first down, easy catch. Leftwich proceeded to miss the easiest td throw of all-time later to Robinson. I don't care how little practice you've had, how the [censored] do you [censored] that up? It's one throw though. He can't be blamed for getting blown up by Haynesworth on the 1 yard line... that was just a sick play. They signed him to start at some point. So, he should get the opportunity. The only thing I have an issue with is why he was dressed for this last game. He's had no time at all with the offense and I presume isn't getting snaps in practice either. So it doesn't make much sense to have him dressed for the game IMO.

Petrino lost the team already most likely so it doesn't matter. All the players think he is brain dead prob. I don't think switching Harrington for someone else in that game was a bad idea. But, given how all the players expected to be playing with Vick. Then Harrington. Then all of a sudden Leftwich who just got there. This is just a bad situaiton overall. Since they invested something in Leftwich you may as well see what you have now. He needs a decent sample size in the offense before you can evaluate the position need on draft day.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:44 AM

What was the deal w/ Chad Pennington's god awful throw when he lobbed it up into double coverage in the endzone and was intercepted by Aaron Ross? That was really really terrible.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:47 AM

Leftwich missed way more than one pass

And he super-compounded the Hayneworth play by desperately tossing the ball backwards in a live ball situation.

He was 100% god-[censored]-awful
Old 10-09-2007, 01:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Leftwich missed way more than one pass

And he super-compounded the Hayneworth play by desperately tossing the ball backwards in a live ball situation.

He was 100% god-[censored]-awful

[/ QUOTE ]I don't disagree but he just got there. How often does a backup look good in the middle/end of a game when it's unlikely, based on Harrington playing well two weeks in a row, that they are going to play? Usually much better when they get the practice reps and game plan is designed for them. But he just got there so they had no business in dressing him. That part was retarded. Leftwich looked no worse than Harrington during the game. Do you remember how visibly shaken Harrington was at the end? They couldn't move the ball all day. Special teams played ridiculous and Vince Young tried to lose the game. Atlanta just got straight owned by the Titans defense who have looked kind of sick every week now. Even against the Colts I thought the Titans played well.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:59 AM

what's wrong w/the 3-4
Old 10-09-2007, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Brady Quinn or Derek Anderson?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooooh good one. Depends on how Quinn looks in practice. When/if he's ready, might as well throw him to the wolves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think as long as the Browns still have a fighting chance at making the playoffs this year, they keep Quinn on the bench. They've been able to put up points with Anderson as QB, so I don't see a reason to change that until they have no chance at the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I completely agree with this. You also have to count in how many quarterbacks have been ruined in Cleveland the fear of that also happening to Quinn. Examples, Couch and Frye. These guys have both developed what I like to call the "Sack Fear" largely in part to our lack of an O-line for the last 7 years. I was at the first game vs. Pittsburgh and it was disgusting watching Frye. Winslow and Edwards were running around with no coverage and Frye was so [censored] scared of the impending sack he couldn't even see them (which is why I completely supported the trade.) Romeo said it very well when asked why he didn't put Quinn in that game, "why would I want to throw him to the dogs?" If the Browns season totally bombs and opponents are starting to rest their better players against us you will probably see Quinn, but at this time I don't see Romeo throwing him in to a high pressure situation where his rookie mistakes could have an extreme negative impact on our season.