Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2007, 12:10 AM

Default taking some time off

Aside from random posts in sporting events, I'll be taking some time off from BBV4L and possibly my forum. I don't feel like getting berated by BBV regulars so I'll wait until this drama spills over.

If there's anything that needs my attention, shoot me a PM.

P.S. adanthar PM'd me and we settled our stuff.
Old 10-09-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: taking some time off

I've rethought my position. I'm going to be gone for awhile. I am considering resigning as a moderator because it's simply not worth the crap I have to put up with from the BBV crew. Furthermore, I feel that adanthar handled this poorly to say the least.

There are plenty of ex-mods and people who have asked me if they should post in the thread about my reputation re: money. I have told them all not to because it will only damage their reputation and make them look like apologists.

I won't touch BBV4L for at least a week. I'll delete spam out of Health and Fitness.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:53 AM

ummm first of all adanthar told the guy to wait until wednesday to see if it couldn't get resolved by pm. the guy just ignored him and posted anyways.

second, why shouldn't adanthar allow him to write that post?
Old 10-09-2007, 11:41 AM

kyle,

I don't know if anything will cool down if you take time off. People will still mess with you. It isn't like people have stopped talking crap about Grimstar or Boosted or anything (not that you're in the same catagory, just that those kinds of accusations stick).

There's still some ambigutity as to why it look as much time as it did (which to me doesn't seem unreasonable, it's just a week, but whatever) to pay the prop bet dude. I think your best bet to recover your rep is to just try and clear as much as you can up.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:14 PM

dids,

a week is no big deal because you know kyle irl and are friends with him from the same city. i wouldn't hound my friends to pay me the minute a bet was up either.

however kyle isn't friends with diomed and he should have paid him immediately or within a day or 2. kyle handled this whole situation horribly. i'm not even going to touch the other situation about his business deal.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:21 PM

Many people owed me money over my weightloss prop bet for more than a week. I didn't pester them.

It's not nearly as easy to move online money around as it once was. Freaking out over a week is just nitty and dumb.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:36 PM

Dibs,

Your weightloss was a charity donation, not a bet. Therefore the standards are completely different.

From skimming the thread, it looks to me like kyle handled this very badly.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:54 PM

Yeah, what el d said.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:44 PM

I'm not looking at the thread at all and haven't since I made my last post. I don't particularly care anymore.

adanthar told the guy to wait, he didn't, then adanthar did nothing besides post in the thread that he told the guy to wait. I file that under "handling it poorly."

At any rate, start thinking about who might replace me as moderator of BBV4L and Health and Fitness. The useful lifespan of this forum for me is reaching it's end in my opinion. I might stop reading/posting altogether.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:49 PM

yo,

I got this guy's request on the day before my 18 hour flight from korea (which I just got back from an hour ago.) on the one hand, the last time I trusted a long time respected poster to come up with an explanation, I wound up locking the first vig scamming thread. on the other, this thing had all the elements of 'impatient idiot who panics over a couple of hundred dollars'. rather than come back to a bunch of BBV drama since I can't stealth mod it over the Pacific/GW isn't on as often these days, I told him to wait a few days, figuring I'd PM kyle and we'd get this taken care of when I got back.

naturally, I log in an hour before I'm supposed to leave to the airport to send kyle a PM and see the guy jumped the gun. at that point I could a)ban him and cause more drama, b)close the thread and cause more drama, or c)get on my plane.

so, yeah, I don't think I could've handled it differently. sry.