Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events

Old 09-25-2007, 11:04 PM

Default Re: Brian Griese to start next week

[ QUOTE ]
If Griese is consistently below average for the Bears, it would be a very good upgrade.

[/ QUOTE ]FYP. The move to Griese isn't necessarily *good* they just have no choice. Grossman needs some time on the bench even if he isn't done as a starter (I think he is). I assume they go back to him over Orton? I wonder if Benson's role is in trouble, he's been awful too. Garrett Wolfe ftw?
Old 09-25-2007, 11:45 PM

A lot of FYPs in this thread. I guess this is a good move. I removed my avatar and location as I am in mourning over Rex's career.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:56 PM

People need to stop defending Rex. He sucks. Real bad. Like real, real bad.
Old 09-25-2007, 11:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
There was only two posts in this thread supporting him. I liked him and defended him for a long time. It was hard, but I now know that he is not gonna be an NFL QB.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is he's got a great arm. I mean, [censored], look how many chances Jeff George got. This won't be the end of him in Chicago, even though it probably should be. He'll probably be starting for the Bears again before week 8.
Old 09-26-2007, 12:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I wrote this last year when everybody was calling for griese over grossman.

[ QUOTE ]
Brian Griese is terrible. Being a Dolphins fan, he ruined their 2003 season by himself. Fiedler got hurt and Griese started against a bad SD team and lit them up 20-29, 192 yards, 3 td. Wow this guy is good. Next game against Indy, takes 5 sacks, loses 2 fumbles but still passes effectively 18-29, 231 yards, 1 td, 0 int. Next game against Tennessee, takes 4 sacks, loses 2 fumbles, throws 3 int, 0td and is 15-27 for 131 yards. Next game against Baltimore, goes 13-32 for 126 yards and the Dolphins win 9-6. Next game against Washington, throws 2 int by half and gets replaced by Jay Fiedler.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what? He had a bad stretch there, but he has ranged from average to very good in all his other stops. He is far more proven as an NFL QB than Rex Grossman is.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:02 AM

I want sexy rexy back. I think he will do a heck of a lot better than Griese will in the next couple of weeks. I would've let Rex play the Lions and see what happens. If he sucks, well than its an easy pull, if he doesn't than week 5 he should hopefully have some of his confidence back. Oh and the [censored] that happened last week was like 25% Rex's fault, but he's taking 100% of the blame.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:21 AM

if berrian just makes that catch.....
Old 09-26-2007, 01:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I want sexy rexy back. I think he will do a heck of a lot better than Griese will in the next couple of weeks. I would've let Rex play the Lions and see what happens.

[/ QUOTE ]As Lions fan I agree, lol. But seriously the problem here is that the Lions secondary is so pathetic that Rex is likely to look pretty good out there and get a bunch more starts. Same is true for Griese IMO.
Old 09-26-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Griese is overrated and ran a West Coast offense in Denver and Tampa - remember how great Steve Beuerlein and Bubby Brister were in that offense? He's also overrated because of one season where he had a 19-4 TD-INT ratio - the rest of his career he's been closer to 50-50.

He'll probably be better than Rex Grossman, but expecting anything beyond average is expecting too much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Brian Griese has the highest career QB rating in both the Denver and Tampa Bay franchise histories. If their "system" was so easy to put up good QB numbers in, then why has nobody else IN THE HISTORY OF BOTH FRANCHISES ever put up as good of a QB rating?