b/c there's a lot more combos of draws, QQ-AA, and 7x

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess your read was no draw, so ignoring that:

QQ and KK, 6 combos each.
AA, 3 combos.
A7s-76s 8 combos.

55, 3 combos.
75s, 1 combo.

So that's 23 donkvaluebetting combos you are ahead of and 4 donkvaluebetting combos you lose to. Not including random hands which he might be bluffing with.

If his range includes 75o, then he's also playing other offsuit 7s which will make trips that you beat.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:47 AM

Default Re: Bigtime WTF Spot 300bb deep nut trips

results?
Old 07-08-2007, 05:16 AM

op probably folded
Old 07-08-2007, 05:21 AM

never played w. him on UB but I know about the bet pot button, the speed and agressiveness of the games, and the player himself and as everyone else said am suprised you didn't give more action on flop/turn.

I saw you say:

because I have a good read that his turn play cannot be a draw. I had a hand with him where he potted a draw and did not fire when he missed (in fact I've never seen a missed draw bluff from him)

which is where I disagree just because you never saw him do something doesn't mean hes capable of it. I have played with so many of these types of fish and they are capable of anything anytime. It's really weird sometimes when they play extremely passive preflop OOP vs button raises, never reraising for hours and hours on end then suddenly when they make a re-raise you but them on KK/AA but then end up showing up with K3o..
Old 07-08-2007, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
never played w. him on UB but I know about the bet pot button, the speed and agressiveness of the games, and the player himself and as everyone else said am suprised you didn't give more action on flop/turn.

I saw you say:

because I have a good read that his turn play cannot be a draw. I had a hand with him where he potted a draw and did not fire when he missed (in fact I've never seen a missed draw bluff from him)

which is where I disagree just because you never saw him do something doesn't mean hes capable of it. I have played with so many of these types of fish and they are capable of anything anytime. It's really weird sometimes when they play extremely passive preflop OOP vs button raises, never reraising for hours and hours on end then suddenly when they make a re-raise you but them on KK/AA but then end up showing up with K3o..

[/ QUOTE ]

Grim I understand your point, but I think you are talking about different situations. Never betting missed draws is different than never 3betting so when he does it must be a huge hand (one is a tendency I've witnessed and have evidence, which the other one may be speculation)

Also to everyone who says it's possible for him to have over pairs I disagree and I think it's obvious given everything that he can never have an overpair.

I agree that I didn't play this hand perfectly up to the river, and that raising the turn is a better play.

Aisle five I slowplayed the hand because I don't like to say "oh I have a hand of x strength on a y board therefore I should get it all in for any amount without any disregard for anything else." IE, I don't have as much of a read of him as other guys do. Also, with your question on the river if he bets this river, but can never have a flush, or the spade should not have changed his hand, it changes the WEIGHT of his range tremendously, espeically towards a full house that just celebrated that my flush got there.

I think that answered most people's questions but as far as results I folded and asked him multiple times after the hand whether he had 75 or 55 and he didn't answer me.
Old 07-08-2007, 01:32 PM

Also a big thing that people seem to be overlooking is something I just touched on. People are saying oh he can have any 7 there are so many more combos, but this has nothing to do with the frequency that he will show up with 7x vs 75 vs 55 etc.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:08 PM

i think the river is pretty insignificant and you can happily call this, i do, however like puting in a very large turn raise.. but i think you gain extra value by calling him down given your explanation.
Old 07-08-2007, 03:21 PM

nooo wayyyy
Old 08-18-2007, 06:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Seems like he can easily have 55 or a flush here. I certainly fold here as very few people can make such a big bluff, and when your hand looks pretty strong to be calling the turn he can't expect you to fold the river often. I think if the river is a non-spade 6 it's tougher, as he could be thinly potting something like 78, and as such i think i would call.

[/ QUOTE ]

based on preflop play he cant really have 55