Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-08-2007, 02:43 PM

Default back in business

I took a 2 or 3 month break from limit to learn no-limit and won something like 25 or 30k. Maybe it was 20, I don't know and it doesn't really matter. It was a great experience and I've wanted to really learn NL for quite some time. That said, I just can't help myself not coming back to limit. It's just a lot less boring, especially live.

I started back at limit a few weeks before vegas so I would be prepared for all the lhe I'd likely play. I broke even cause I played too many tables. I was trying to play 7 or 8 short-handed tables and that's just retarded. I went to canterbury to play 30/60 like 4 times and blew 4 or 5k all together.

The night before my flight to vegas, I recorded a session so schneider could watch it on the plane and give comments. I played 2 tables per his request and I just saw the light. Everything flowed so much smoother. I knew the players, I wasn't rushed, everything was great. I don't remember if I won or lost. He watched it and it started lots of good dialogs. Sometimes he would pause it and say "i really hope you checked behind on the turn" or something like that. Usually I did what he had hoped. All in all there was like one small thing he thought I should work on but other than that it looked like solid poker. A real confidence boost to hear that. He also told me to quit playing 10/20 and 15/30 because the rake hurts so much more and now that i'm playing less tables I should have no problem beating up on 30/60.

We got to vegas and I played almost all 100/200. I won 5 days straight. I played a little 300/600 on my own action and won 5k but then decided it wasn't good for my emotional bankroll as I was on a big high and I didn't want to have a shot at hurting it with one bad session, when I could just go play 1/2 and not have that issue. I know it's good to play big when feeling good, but to me it just wasn't worth it.

On the 6th (well 7th, I took a day off in there somewhere) day I played an hour and a half and lost like a rack and a half and quit. I went and hung out with friends and had enough to drink that later that night going to sleep sounded better than trying to keep the streak alive. So, technically it ended, but 1.5 hours in a day hardly counts.

The last day of playing I won about 5k at 10/20 no limit and then moved to limit where I won a nice bit, too.

I've also been up like 11k online in the 15 hours I've spent doing that!

My girlfriend came in yesterday so I'll be playing very little to no poker for the rest of the time I'm here, but what a vegas trip it's been!

I'm such a sucker for limit. Looking forward it looks like I'll be sticking to it again for a bit. I have so much confidence again and I can really see it in my game, and others have been making comments too.

I also have to give credit to Ian J and Kirby for helping me by all of the hand discussions we've had over the last week.

You can keep up with how the rest of the series goes in my blog. The link is in my profile.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: back in business

[censored]
Old 06-08-2007, 03:04 PM

limit is just more fun.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:04 PM

I gotta say, I'm a fan.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
limit is just more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding, i've tried to play NL live and it makes me want to kill myself
Old 06-08-2007, 03:16 PM

BK congrats dude.

Talk about hands more in your blog! FWIW i actually do read it and i enjoy it.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
limit is just more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

no kidding, i've tried to play NL live and it makes me want to kill myself

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't like being rewarded for bold and aggressive moves?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
limit is just more fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

indeed.
Old 06-08-2007, 03:40 PM

so like how much overall did you win?
Old 06-08-2007, 03:41 PM

congrats bk.