Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 05:25 AM

Default 3 and 6 with ian j

Ian and I have been playing tons of 100/200 together and sitting next to each other and discussing lots of different things. This is the first time we've played black chips this trip and I've been playing real tight so far. Much tighter than the bk most people think of when they've played with me. Both ian and I are up a nice bit yet haven't tangled in the 2 or 3 hours we've been playing.

9 handed, I raise UTG+1 with QQ next guy folds, he 3 bets, all else fold, I call.

flop KTT with 2 spades.

I check call

Turn Jd

check check

river 5h

...?
Old 06-03-2007, 06:28 AM

Default Re: 3 and 6 with ian j

Well if he has like AJ it doesn't matter what you do because a bet is going in either way. If he has like 77-99 is he paying off? I certainly can't see him value betting them or turning them into some weird bluff. I'm assuming he never checks behind here with better than QQ on the turn because nobody checks here with better than QQ. Given the way you've described how you are playing against each other in this game I really don't think it matters but I guess bet in case he wants to throw a bet away with 77-99. The way you describe yourself I'd guess 77-99 are a much more likely 3bet than AJ but I am really bad at full games and AJ/KQ are my biggest weakness along with hungry and sleepy and I don't really know how to play them against nonretards.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The way you describe yourself I'd guess 77-99 are a much more likely 3bet than AJ but I am really bad at full games and AJ/KQ are my biggest weakness along with hungry and sleepy and I don't really know how to play them against nonretards.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pure gold lol.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:10 AM

Does this guy read your posts? Because if so it doesn't really matter how you've been playing.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:34 PM

I would check and call, the biggest reason being I do not want to fold to a raise here, and bet calling would be too painful for me.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would check and call, the biggest reason being I do not want to fold to a raise here

[/ QUOTE ]

getting raised on this river would be awesome, as ian doesn't have anything if he takes this line.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ian and I have been playing tons of 100/200 together and sitting next to each other and discussing lots of different things. This is the first time we've played black chips this trip and I've been playing real tight so far. Much tighter than the bk most people think of when they've played with me. Both ian and I are up a nice bit yet haven't tangled in the 2 or 3 hours we've been playing.

9 handed, I raise UTG+1 with QQ next guy folds, he 3 bets, all else fold, I call.

flop KTT with 2 spades.

I check call

Turn Jd

check check

river 5h

...?

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh. this is a really weird spot. it sure looks like he has AK and the J froze him. i keep going back and forth. i have no idea what to do. would you ever c/r the river here with AQ after whiffing the turn? if so, that sure would be a sexy play in this spot as he's surely puke with AK.

the more i think about it, ian must have AK with the A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. with the Ks on the board, he is not too worried about a freebie, as you dont have a flush draw. c/r that river. if anything else, it'll mess with his head. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-03-2007, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would check and call, the biggest reason being I do not want to fold to a raise here

[/ QUOTE ]

getting raised on this river would be awesome, as ian doesn't have anything if he takes this line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Disagree, he is tricksy and checks behind in spots where you wouldn't expect it more than most do. BK I like bet/fold and if he calls its still not a guaranteed win but meh. I don't care how tight you were playing I 4 bet preflop because QQ is too tough for me to play on lots of flops without momentum.

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-03-2007, 01:50 PM

So you think AK is his most likely hand (and I do think that is one possibility) and
[ QUOTE ]
getting raised on this river would be awesome

[/ QUOTE ]???
Old 06-03-2007, 03:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So you think AK is his most likely hand (and I do think that is one possibility) and
[ QUOTE ]
getting raised on this river would be awesome

[/ QUOTE ]???

[/ QUOTE ]

i do think he has AK and is scared AQ just got there. i have never played with ian, so i may be way off here, but him checking behind on the turn and raising a river brick is just such a bs line that he can't have anything in that spot. i suppose ian knows this, however, and thus likely wouldn't do it.