Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Poker Tracker Stats

I've been playing alot of omaha lately the past 6 days, I would say I've been playing well but just not running well in big pots. I feel like I have a good grasp of what the game is about. The only thing I don't know about are the numbers on poker tracker, so I was wondering if someone could give me a brief description of some good numbers and what I should be looking for or if it's basically the same as the poker tracker stats for hold'em. Thanks
Old 05-09-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Poker Tracker Stats

You don't want to use PokerTracker, because it spys on you and then other people (Gold PT members) can see you're hole cards if they are at the same table.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:06 AM

huh?
Old 05-09-2007, 08:09 AM

If you are playing PLO I'd say you don't bet enough preflop.

I wouldn't pay to much attention to Troll_Inc since he calls himself Troll_Inc [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 08:54 PM

Can I ever get a clear response from anyone on this [censored] forum. i just want to know what I should look for in my poker tracker stats. Instead I get some [censored] response.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can I ever get a clear response from anyone on this [censored] forum. i just want to know what I should look for in my poker tracker stats. Instead I get some [censored] response.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm training you to use the forum correctly.

Either you will fail your training and disappear, or you will pass the test and remain. But the most important part is that if you remain you will be a more useful poster for the forum.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:25 PM

maybe troll is subtly suggesting you read of the thousand other threads posted about this exact subject every other day
Old 05-09-2007, 11:49 PM

There are significant differences in how you apply the informantion for yourself and other players.

For instance, with about 20k hands you can get some good ideas about how well ATo is doing with regard to other starting hands. Since I have about 1700 different starting hands in PTO, this obviously doesn't work as well because I have only played each a few times.

I use the Gametime window every time, but VP$IP is of little value, but pfr% is pretty informative when you are debating whether to limp with a marginal hand. The AF for other players is good to watch too. You need a lot more hands to get a valid estimate of a player's abilities from their win rate because Omaha is so volitile.

I still recomend people buy and use PTO, but the whole concept of statistical analysis works best on Limit Holdem and least well on PLO. It is worth the money even if all you use it for is tracking your performance and adding up you wins and losses for your income tax report.

My best tip: After you accumulate several thousand hands, go to the Summery Tab and click on More Detail.

If you think you have a good grasp of what the game of Omaha is about, you probably have a lot to learn. You probably don't know what you don't know. You'll find out.

And keep reading the forum.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:00 AM

I know I have alot to learn and have a long way to go. Right now in my game, I have a very good idea of what it is about and I'm only trying to get better. But I just wanted to know what the numbers meant for me and my opponents.

And thanks again for giving me an actual answer regarding to my question.
Old 05-10-2007, 03:46 AM

Now you got me curious, so I did a search on the Omaha forum using the keyword, "Tracker".

I was right, in general it is useless. Well, not always absolutly useless, but of much less value than you would assume.

During play, you might do better to pay attention to how people are playing and take notes than watching the PT stats. I am starting to figure that out.

Here is the best thread with some actual numbers in it:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...page=&vc=1

I believe alot of the reason has to do with the following factors:

Ohama is more of a post-flop game than a pre-flop game. Premium starting hands are no more than a 60:40 favorite against most playable starting hands, whereas in Holdem As are a 80:20 favorite over Ks.

The average pot size is larger with respect to the Big Blind.

Pot sizes are more variable. Some pots are a hundred times the size of an uncontested blind steal, but you rarely see a sucsessful blind steal in Omaha.

In otherwords, Omaha is designed to be a high action game.