Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Official review thread, luckychewy 109 stars win

Lucky's been on a tear lately, heres his 109 FO win on stars:

http://www.pokerxfactor.com/HA53486/...ars%20win/8550
Old 03-30-2007, 05:38 AM

Default Re: Official review thread, luckychewy 109 stars win

hand 101 i usually don't raise that but the guy was sitting out.

hand 138 and 162 seem like awful raises with the stacks behind me, whoops.

interested to see what people think of hand 233.

hand 349 is ridic weak/tight not sure what i was thinking.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:35 AM

Luckychewy 109 FO win:
Hand 1: Would you call 60 here as opposed to 80?

Hand 21: I might limp behind here. I don't see the harm with a player already all in.

Hand 62: Whats with the check behind on the river? This seems like a very clear value bet.

Hand 66: I think a bet on this flop is much better since a checkraise will look very strong and give him a chance to fold out, meanwhile if you lead out he might put you on overs and raise, which will have to be most if not all his stack which you can easily call.

Hand 111: with your stack i think i steal raise here.

Hand 119: Why no reraise here pre? His 4X raise normally means a mid pair, though i don't your call here. I just don't see AA/KK ever 4xing here, so i think you can often feel good about reraising your hand here.

Hand 126: I think if your calling here, which is debatable, this is a pretty bad flop to lead at. It hits a lot of his raising range plus theres draws out there that he'll raise in position.

Hand 127: No squeeze here? Why the just call?

Hand 131: I think your position is a bit to early for this raise.

Hand 162: With those restealing stacks on your left unless this is right near the bubble i insta fold this button.

Hand 183: Unless you know this players tight i think i just jam here pre.

Hand 190: In shorter stack tournaments (though your deep many players on the table are shorter) i don't bother raising suited gappers unless near the bubble or in LP vs tight blinds.

Hand 192: I think on this board, with lots of rivers as scare cards, i'm raising this turn.

Hand 216: I don't see any reason not to cont bet this flop. A lot of the time with hands he defends from BB he might assume you've whiffed the flop and CR all in expecting large FE, though i'll be interested to see what the forum says on this, since i expect him to shove his better hands pre maybe hes mostly two broadway type hands we should give a free card to?

Hand 233: Whats your calling range on his flop shove?

Hand 238: Why the flat call as opposed to a reraise here?

Hand 247: I'm kind of undecided on the turn raise. You'll never push out a mid pair, but then why wouldn't he bet a small-medium pair on the flop? You won't really gain value from AQ/AJ but you will prevent a chop pot or him perhaps hitting/bluffing you out on the river? Idk, undecided.

Hand 272: Are you nearing FT bubble here? If not i fold here. Hell even at or around FT bubble unless i knew players on my left were very weak i don't bother with a hand this bad.

Hand 275: I take it your intending to CR all in here?

Hand 281: What in the [censored] was villain doing here? Hopefully you noted this because play that tight/weak is extremely exploitable.

Hand 287: What exactly is your plan here, raise/fold? I think if your raising here its a jam, to prevent him from ever thinking he can resteal on you.

Hand 293: UTG 8 handed i often fold AT, but if you feel the players at your table are looking to move up in the money moreso than get involved, and with a BB whos shove you'll have an easy time calling, this is likely close but fine.

Hand 313: I'm surprised you didn't lead this turn, your planning to fold to a turn bet correct? On the river i think this actually might not be a great spot to bluff with the board two pairing, you might get looked up by an A pretty often.

Hand 328: I think this is a call. Hes under 8 BB's utg 4 handed, his shoving range is huge.

hand 330: i probably raise this here, though i'm not sure this is correct, both short stacks might be just deep enough that its not profitable and they'll be shoving on us a lot.

Hand 333: I don't see any reason to lead this turn. Although we expect him to check behind on the turn, give him the opportunity to bluff. Your bet will fold out a lot of hands.

Hand 336: Bet the flop.

Hand 339: I lead that flop.

hand 344: Why check behind this turn? Do you feel he'll bluff the river for you? I can definatley see 2nd or 3rd pair paying off here, so i bet it.

General note on HU, you should basically never open fold your button, maybe the bottom 10%, if that. You've folded a few hands that are very much playable.

Hand 368: I think i'd rather raise this button than limp it. Your pre flop raising range seems kinda thin for HU.

Hand 369: I probably call his river bet there.

Thats it for me, gg.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:30 AM

1 - yes.

21 - yea i considered it. i probably should have. in the future i will.

61 - not sure really. iirc my thoughts at the time were that he bets an ace on the flop almost always(probably not true) and he has a bigger 7 some % of the time. my read on him was that he was loose passive and when he put chips in the pot he usually had a big hand. obv off this time, i don't think it's an awful check behind but certainly missed some value vs. his entire range.

66 - with ~2x pot i feel like i'm never bluffing here. i know it shouldn't matter because he doesn't know my tendencies but i wanted to give him a chance to take a stab at it with whatever he has. my hand looks very weak imo when i raise oop and check flop. of course it can backfire if he checks behind and outdraws me on the turn but if i had to do it again i would play it the same way. plus, with ~2400 behind and ~1k in pot i don't think he's bet/folding all that often...though i do think he bet's a bluff more often than he bluff raises all-in.

111 - yes i definitely should have.

119 - i didn't feel comfortable 4-bet/folding vs. his ep raise with these stacks and i thought he would fold a lot of hands i want him in the pot with that he might spew some chips to me post flop with like smaller pairs or suited connectors or broadway etc. etc. if he had 3x'd it i would've still flat called with these stacks. i dunno if this is a leak or not but i only like to 3-bet jj here if i feel comfortable getting all-in or i feel comfortable folding to a 4-bet. here i felt comfortable doing neither.

126 - yea this was a very marginal hand. i was thinking i can rep the board better than him, but it does nail a good % of his raising range. probably a leaky hand if it's done 100% of the time.

127 - same reasoning as the jj hand. i feel like this is almost certainly a leak. interested to see what others have to say about these hands.

131 - agreed.

162 - yea i mentioned above i thought this was awful. no idea what i was thinking at the time.

183 - yes looking back i def should've jammed pf since i had no specific read of him being super tight or anything. having just called how do u like post flop?

190 - yea that was awfully loose. sometimes, not so much lately, but i used to get so overwhelmed when i had an above average stack and go on raising rampages.

192 - hmmm i really liked how i played this hand at the time because i thought my line looked not legit and i would get looked up much lighter than raising turn. i think raising the turn blows him off Ax where as i think he might c/c or lead/something it on the river. looking back, with 2 hearts and 12 potential scare straight cards i think i probably should raise and if he folds an ace he folds an ace.

216 - basically yes. i thought his pf calling range was so skewed towards either monsters(aa/kk/maybe qq but i think he would just jam that) and broadway/suited connector type stuff. since i eliminate most all aces from his range i was just looking for him to pair up on the turn and stack off or take 1 bluff stab at it.

233 - i guess jj+ and sets, nfd's. i think it's a very close hand because he had been tight and shoved relatively quickly in real time. i almost wanted to fold pf...but closing the action with 99 seemed to weak. with jj i think 99/tt are enough of his range i can profitably call. i'm still not so sure as to what the optimal play is here because i don't know how his flop shove range deviates from his pf raising range. i assume they are fairly similar, but the timing tell was a pretty big giveaway to me at the time.

238 - iirc he was constantly min-raising but this time he 3x'd it. i thought this was a giveaway that he had a much stronger hand, he had also been relatively tight in general. though i think i should peel flop 1 time and shutdown if he fires turn, checking behind if he checks and just trying to get to showdown because he has enough air c-bets in his range(aq/aj/maybe even 88). i also think for the hands i do beat in his range he folds to my 3-bet, except probably not 99, of course picking up the pot right there is a good result at the time i felt he was fairly strong.

247 - i was pretty sure he had air. if it were hu i would just call, but i wanted to make sure the other guy didn't peel with A4s or some other random pair. i think it's a very marginal high variance play but certainly has it's merits. almost like a bluff with the almost always best hand.

272 - btn and sb were playing tight, but against snowmans bb i think it's very marginal. i probably should fold even with 40bb.

275 - yea i whiffed the c/r ai. i sometimes b3b or b/c.

281 - yes i noted that, and i late repopped him with J9o when he opened co. i figured he was calling/4-betting super tight after seeing him not bet flop/raise turn/bet river with top 2 that hand.

293 - yea the bb stack size is likely what lead me to raise here. in general i think i need to tighten up in most spots.

313 - yea i was going to fold to a turn bet. i didn't think this guy would double barrel air so i figured i find out on the turn if he's got me beat or not, and on the river i lead to bluff out q/k/a high. i don't think ace high can call, realistically from his POV, what can he put me on and profitably call? my most likely hand has to be a small pocket pair or less likely 9x trying to get ace high to call. ime everyone knows this and it's conventional wisdom to fold with ace high because i know he knows.

328 - yea i realized this seemed like a tight fold. do u prefer calling or 3-betting to knock out bb? i'm always torn between calling and letting another guy in to bust a player and move up in money, or 3-betting and getting it hu where i likely have an equity edge and can bust him myself.

330 - yes i thought i was getting shoved on a lot and was going to have to call the bb's shove.

333 - it's close imo, i thought he would check behind a low club where as i could get 2 bets out of him if he did have a low club or any club for that matter. and i wasn't sure he would be double barreling all that often. kind of an all or nothing type of deal, checking certainly has merit though.

336 - yea, i mix it up there.

339 - definitely seems like a good spot to do so.

344 - yea a turn bet definitely looks better than a check re-looking the hand. ez fold to a c/r too.

368 - yea i pretty much never raised the button once. i felt i had a huge post flop edge against this guy and tried to exploit it.

369 - i think he has a flush very very often when he bet, check, bets. he knows i am capable of c/r'ing riv because i checked down the 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] hand earlier and whiffed the c/r on the [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] river, so i feel like he would be more hesitant to bluff here.

thx so much for doing this.
Old 03-30-2007, 04:22 PM

shameless bump.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shameless bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

harass people over AIM to review it, it works for me.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
shameless bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm reviewing now. I'll probably learn more from you than I can contribute back...but oh well.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:38 PM

I don't much like Pre much with 183, but I think post flop is pretty good. Not going to get any Ax hand you are beating to call. PP's aren't going to bet minimum into two broadway cards, mostly. Hate to single out AQ, but that's a pretty consistant line.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:21 PM

Comments on the first 200 hands. I tried not to comment on anything that Bond already commented on.

Hand 1 - I just can't fold AQ to single raiser in position.

Hand 5 - Limp w/76s UTG?

Hand 20 - Standard to only call w/AK PF? Standard to only call flop bet w/two flush connectors on the board?

Hand 28 - If the same re-raise come from the BB, would you call being in position?

Hand 59 - Standard call in position w/AJs here?

Hand 61 - Checking the river...? Do you not think any worse hands will call you here?

Hand 67 - I hate checking that flop b/c I hate it when villain checks behind. I would normally check w/AA or KK there though.

Hand 68 - What makes you decide not to c-bet this one?

Hand 82 - I liked the flop lead check when you make your hand on the turn.

Hand 119 - I would have re-raised too. But I read response.

Hand 126 - Icky is the only word that comes to mind.

Hand 143 - I find myself shoving in these spots b/c I don't know what to do w/AK if he only calls and leaves me OOP.

Hand 164 - I always find myself calling that re-raise for some reason. I feel like with pot odds and position I can still play the hand. Is this a leak of mine?
Old 03-30-2007, 06:38 PM

1 - yea 4x utg without any reads i tend to give respect here.

5 - sure, i sometimes raise sometimes fold sometimes limp. this early i think limping is fine.

20 - i actually think a flop shove is better in retrospect because that's what i would be doing with a big draw. i think calling is fine tho, and i think pf is very standard.

28 - no, without reads on someones 3-betting range, if i get more than min-raised i'm pretty much folding to anyone even with position and these stacks.

59 - i think 3-betting and calling a shove is okay too. if he were shorter i'd like it more though.

61 - yea re-looking this it was certainly a missed value bet.

67 - i dunno i really like the way i played this hand, i think he folds to my lead too often and i'd rather be the one jamming on him creating fold equity rather than him jamming on me where he potentially has fe.

68 - even tho my image was good and i had shown down good hands, vs. a bb defend i think this range just hits him too often. i also think they are eventually going to get suspicious of me since i won the last 2 pots.

82 - yea i mix it up here, seemed like it was a good spot to check it though.

119 - yea, possibly a preference thing.

126 - i don't think this is that terrible, but yea probably fairly -cEV over the long run.

143 - i 3-bet big enough that a flop shove would be almost exactly ~PSB. i don't think shoving is more profitable than just 3-betting for effectively ~7.1k against his t600 raise.

164 - with 11bb effectively, yes i'd say so. ime with donks this is always a super strong hand and i don't have the odds to draw against his range. i also have to get ai every time i flop a pair or a decent draw because i'll be getting ~2:1 to call his shove.