Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Affiliates/RakeBack
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2007, 08:40 PM

Default Absolute Poker Will NOT be Deducting Bonuses from MGR

Given all the rumours recently regarding AP deducting bonuses from MGR, we felt it would be helpful to point out that we have checked with AP and they have confirmed that while the rake calculation policy is changing, they will NOT be deducting bonuses from MGR for the purposes of commissions/rakeback.

Kind regards

RakeTheRake
Old 01-12-2007, 10:59 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker Will NOT be Deducting Bonuses from MGR

If they are not deducting bonuses how are they changing?
Old 01-12-2007, 11:51 PM

i think what RTR meant was going from dealt to contributed...correct me if i'm wrong, but that's what i thought he meant by it...
Old 01-13-2007, 12:52 AM

The way your mgr will be calculated is changing this is correct. This will decrease the amount you the player will be getting. They are changing to contributed rake which means you will get a portion of the rake equal to what you put into the pot. I'm not sure how much your RB will go down/however the fact is it will go down not up.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i think what RTR meant was going from dealt to contributed...correct me if i'm wrong, but that's what i thought he meant by it...

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been contributed for a year or maybe even more. Maybe this is their way of announcing it? What does the deduction of props mean?
Old 01-13-2007, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It has been contributed for a year or maybe even more. Maybe this is their way of announcing it? What does the deduction of props mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

It certainly was not contributed before even though I've seen the raketherake guy say it was many times. Titn support confirmed to me it was dealt rake some months ago and I've actually been getting MORE then pokertracker was calculating using the dealt method.

Anyway this still sucks as the bonus is worthless since December when they reduced it 1/4. I've not done the math but I'm sure if you took the rake and bonus clearing I got before December last year and compare it to Feb this year your talking minimum 1/3 as much you can earn, maybe even worse.
Old 01-13-2007, 08:28 AM

I don't think it will be going down all that much. As far as their ARP and bonus system changed. I'm not all that disappointed in it really. I make probably 3-4x more ARPs than I did before(100,000/week), and they probably cut my bonus 2/5 to 1/2. So I think I'm actually making about the same as before the policy changed.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it will be going down all that much. As far as their ARP and bonus system changed. I'm not all that disappointed in it really. I make probably 3-4x more ARPs than I did before(100,000/week), and they probably cut my bonus 2/5 to 1/2. So I think I'm actually making about the same as before the policy changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correction, just calculated it out. I've went from $23/hr in bonus to $20/hr since policy change. ARPs, I went from $16/hr to $30/hr. So since change, I'm actually making $11/hr more! [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 01-13-2007, 12:42 PM

I've had the same results as Snoz, if they went to a true contributed method, I imagine rakeback earned will drop by more than 50%.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It certainly was not contributed before even though I've seen the raketherake guy say it was many times. Titn support confirmed to me it was dealt rake some months ago and I've actually been getting MORE then pokertracker was calculating using the dealt method.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must play looser then the average player at your table. t has been confirmed over and over by AP that they have paid contributed and many/most players rakeback stats back that up. I worked very closely with AP for years. I doubt they would have lied to me and my own stats backed that up.

For years AP software could not even figure out rakeback. Affiliates got paid their share of 9 cents per hand a player paid. You got the same rakeback at .01/.02 as 50/100. When this changed AP said they would pay dealt rakeback. Shortly after those stats were not equally the right numbers. This is when AP realized it was contributed. They also put it in their terms as such. Those terms posted are not new terms at all. The debate carries on about how AP figured out rb but what matters is if you are happy with what you are getting, if so who cares.