Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-27-2007, 12:26 PM

Default Re: Just Thoguht I\'d chime In

from the link I posted:

"Once you have earned the required VPPs you're a Supernova Elite through at least the end of January of the following year. In addition, we will extend your status on a month-by-month basis from February through the end of June, provided you continue to earn at least 50,000 VPPs every month, missing no more than one month of 50,000 VPP accrual."

50,000 VPP/month plus being able to miss one month is easier than 83,000/month on average to reach 1M VPP.

But as I wrote that helps only for 6 months until end of June.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: New Official Supernova Elite Thread

I will ultimately make it (though with very little time to spare) and can relate to some of leatherass' regrets.

In pursuit of this goal I set for myself, I have chosen to play on days I really should be away from the game. I routinely play sessions well past the time I should stop for a break. Table selection is limited to one site. I have played some truly atrocious poker at times, just to get the time in and accumulate the points.

On the good side, it has helped me structure my work schedule to a small degree and gave me something tangible to work toward.

The big picture for me was to go through some pain this year to increase the FPP accumulation for next year. I am hoping to spend more time working to improve my game next year and not just mindlessly putting in hours.

Overall, I don't regret trying this and may even try it again next year.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Amazing how everyone that goes for SNE starts running amazingly bad. Guess it's just the ole' "Pokerstars variance" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually ran realy hot for a long time virtually within the first 3 weeks of trying for elite. It has been a bumpy road over the lst 7 weeks for me but overally I have run ok throughout the whole SNE chase. It's been swingy though that's for sure.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I will ultimately make it (though with very little time to spare) and can relate to some of leatherass' regrets.

In pursuit of this goal I set for myself, I have chosen to play on days I really should be away from the game. I routinely play sessions well past the time I should stop for a break. Table selection is limited to one site. I have played some truly atrocious poker at times, just to get the time in and accumulate the points.

On the good side, it has helped me structure my work schedule to a small degree and gave me something tangible to work toward.

The big picture for me was to go through some pain this year to increase the FPP accumulation for next year. I am hoping to spend more time working to improve my game next year and not just mindlessly putting in hours.

Overall, I don't regret trying this and may even try it again next year.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I were still playing the limits I was playing when I started the SNE chase in mid April, then I may consider doing it again next year especially given that I would have 12 months to do it. But as a high stakes player the loss of game selection is just too great.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
leatherass,

just curious as to what you would do if you didn't make it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Kill Myself...lol. In all seriousness though I have read through this thread some and I do want to clarify a few thingss as I don't want to be misunderstood on some things. First off if I were still playing 1/2nl which is what I was playing to start off SNE chase, I would definitely go for elite again next year. First of all the rewards relative to what I amake would be significant. In addition I would have 12 months to do it which really makes all the difference. I started on 4/15/07 I believe this year. So to try and cram that much poker in is just rediculous. Especially at the stressful higher stakes games. But if I had all year and the rewards were significant in comparison to my limits. I would do it again most likely. The other reason I won't do it next year is that I need to game select more and need to be playing other sites. It is hurting me too much to not be able to choose from the other sites and play the bigger games there, but there is plenty off good action at 1/2 just at Stars.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Leatherass,
How many hands have you played this year?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think about 1.5 million, but not positive.
Old 11-27-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
------So did you cancel it?

Thought it would be funny to deduct another 800 FPPs and order him a 2nd shirt. We have always thought a great book could be made out of the emails we receive. Some of the Play Money emails are funnier than this one. Full page your site is rigged emails from a Play Money player.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

Please Please Please! If it had like 100 e-mails it would be great.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Thought it would be funny to deduct another 800 FPPs and order him a 2nd shirt. We have always thought a great book could be made out of the emails we receive. Some of the Play Money emails are funnier than this one. Full page your site is rigged emails from a Play Money player.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, instead of cancelling the order you ordered another one? That doesnt sound right. Although still sending him one would be funny.

I personally would pay a good sum of money to read the lol emails. I can only imagine some of the stuff you guys read.

Although some of the tilt emails I've sent have been kinda funny too.
Old 11-27-2007, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, instead of cancelling the order you ordered another one? That doesnt sound right. Although still sending him one would be funny.

I personally would pay a good sum of money to read the lol emails. I can only imagine some of the stuff you guys read.

Although some of the tilt emails I've sent have been kinda funny too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does shortstacking mess with your sarcasm detector?
Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

i always assumed since the real money is 100 percent rigged that the play money is also? say it aint so..