Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 11-24-2007, 11:04 AM

Default Re: Scotty help.

Scotty, I do not want cash, just to play in a later event.According to my wife, who arranges her boss's travel, she doesnt even think because of the new laws that I will be able to get a passport that quick. I know I should have read first, but I had in my mind that winningsa could be traded for another event or W dollars. If I cant get a passport I am not going to do anything for filling a seat. I have tried the passport expedition places today but it looks like I will have to wait till Monday. As I said, I do not want the money, I have long wanted to play in something like this and will be sick if I lose this chance. Are you sure there is no way I can trade for one in the spring and pay any differences if I cant't get a passport?
Old 11-24-2007, 11:12 AM

You can get a passport in a week through a exedite service, so thats no biggie.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:58 PM

this may be one area in which stars is not all that fair...i know of people who have won EPT sats and used the value of that seat in another EPT event.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:01 PM

augie - I think a supernova freeroll specifically designed to fill seats in the Sydney event in a couple weeks is a bit different than your EPT example.
I think I'm kind of glad they don't accomodate such a chance because they really were kind of forced to tell people, "if you can't make Sydney then don't play."
Would be really unfair to change their minds for somebody who actually won it after telling all these other people not to do it.

Anyway, texasguy should be able to get a passport in time. You just have to pay a little extra. It isn't that hard.
You can probably find out info on how to do this via google or maybe somebody in the travel forum here on 2+2 would have helpful info.
When I got my passport a couple of years ago though i just asked for the faster way and made sure it was understood that I HAD to have it in a few days.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
augie - I think a supernova freeroll specifically designed to fill seats in the Sydney event in a couple weeks is a bit different than your EPT example.

[/ QUOTE ]

fwiw, i agree with you. but they could easily register him for another AAPT or EPT event. and it's very unlike pokerstars to give people this privledge and not others.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:41 PM

I came in tenth does this mean I am first alternate and am in the tourney now? BTW OP if PS doesn't let you play ask them if you can xfer it and if I cash I will work out a %age deal with you. Not sure what is a fair deal, but I can assure you I will be fair with you.
Old 11-24-2007, 07:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I came in tenth does this mean I am first alternate and am in the tourney now? BTW OP if PS doesn't let you play ask them if you can xfer it and if I cash I will work out a %age deal with you. Not sure what is a fair deal, but I can assure you I will be fair with you.

[/ QUOTE ]
If they won't let him swap for another event, I highly doubt they are going to let him transfer it... lol
Old 11-24-2007, 08:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
If they won't let him swap for another event, I highly doubt they are going to let him transfer it... lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually they might because the point of the qualifier was to fill 9 seats. Right now they have 8. So wouldn't it be a pretty obvious thing to make the 10th place guy a 1st alternate? Besides I am going to be an elite soon and have an excellent chance of doing well in the tournament proper while being a rep of stars.
Old 11-24-2007, 10:49 PM

I have the passport coming, looks like it is gonna work out, kinda sux that the flight tickets are $2400 and they give you $2000 for flight and incidentals but beats a kick in the ass. Guess I will quit bitchin and say THANKS POKER STARS! Now a cash would be nice.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can get a passport in a week through a exedite service, so thats no biggie.

[/ QUOTE ]

very true

you can actually get it in under 24 hours if need be. All you do is go to the "regional" passport office. For people living in Washington/Idaho it's in Seattle (no idea where the other places are). Drive there, pay an extra fee, and you can get it same day.