Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-24-2007, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Apathy or unquenched desire?

now that i have a working keyboard and internet, just wanted to say sry for my first response. i had completely misread leos first post and made a dumb reply but couldnt edit it in time because my iphone was really slow.

however it got out another good reply [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

JP OSU, ya man i will be out for the entire series rooming with Aaron Been so we will definitely meet up at some point.

Highn, you make some gr8 points aswell.

I guess while thinking this over on the drive back home, I guess the best way to put it is that the optimal emotioanl approach to poker in general is something that is incredibly apathetic, however incredibly motivated and driven to make money.

someone like MrSmokey1 or Patrik Antonius seem to be great examples. Not once have I ever seen them flustered in real life or on TV, or online. They seem like robots, and yet they continually crush.

At this point in my life I'm apathetic to the point that I consider tournaments a harsh joke, and this after I had my ridiculous FTOPS score. It just doesnt seem right that people 10x dedicated and talented as myself wont be making as much as me this year because my selective luckbox ran good for one week.

However, that luckbox allowed me to be financially safe and work up a cash game bankroll on my own, for which I am definitely happy about. But now looking back, and looking forward to 5diamond, I'm playing on stakemoney for the series and part of me feels like this is a vacation. It will be my first tournamernt series for being someone over 21+, and I'm not gonna sweat the small stuff if I get screwed over late in a tournament.

To what extent that seeps into my motivastion to study all my hands and see what I've done wrong, I'm not sure. I will certainly try and do something like bring a voice recorder (a la Gus Hansen in Aussie Millions) to keep track of all my important hands so I can go over them later. For now that seems like a good idea.
Old 11-24-2007, 12:53 PM

yo clayton, i coudlnt tell, did you get an iphone yet?
Old 11-24-2007, 12:56 PM

i'm a huge grammar nit to the point of excusing myself for having used the iphone

and yeah, the iphone is great!

- no, i am not the DeebSpellCheck gimmick [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I think it might belong to Nath though...
Old 11-24-2007, 01:27 PM

I'm in the nonapathetic camp. Any time i win a pot theres a chuss, if its a big pot its a jeaa and if its really big on the FT bubble its JAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

I got nothin but life ahead and if i can't get excited about the thing i love the most, both in good and bad moments, I wouldn't do it. Yeah it sucks sometimes but I've weathered 3 40k downswings this year so now I feel like I can do anything.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yo clayton, i coudlnt tell, did you get an iphone yet?

[/ QUOTE ]
yea i'm not sure either.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:32 PM

and yeah, it is about the competition. why do you think i talk so much [censored]? why do i berate every other "good" player? Why do i spend like 8 hours a day on 2+2? Cuz i gotta prove to everybody including myself that i can be the best at this silly game. The sick part is, i actually feel like i'm getting there.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
and yeah, it is about the competition. why do you think i talk so much [censored]? why do i berate every other "good" player? Why do i spend like 8 hours a day on 2+2?

[/ QUOTE ]
social disorder?
Old 11-24-2007, 01:38 PM

no, its because i can't luckbox sunday majors. leave that for the donks
Old 11-24-2007, 01:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
no, its because i can't luckbox sunday majors. leave that for the donks

[/ QUOTE ]
omg noooooooooooooooooooooo you owned me sir.
Old 11-24-2007, 01:44 PM

there has to be a level of excitement for live mtt poker, else u will get bored/not play your a game during the early stages.

& if u get deep in a liveament, and yer not excited (even on the inside), well, then yer a bigger man than myself.