Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > High Stakes MTT

Old 11-23-2007, 03:51 PM

Default hand vs Jonathan Little Wpt FT Bubble

Was thinking back at this hand and decided to post it:

This hand occured on the final table bubble of the WPT niagara. 10k buy in, 1st place: 1.5 mil, 18 - 10: 65k. Theres 10 or 11 people left i forget, i think 11.

I had been playin aggro at the start of the day but as my stack was devastatingly dwindling i had tightened up which i belive was clear to the table. It was also clear that I was extremely frustrated with the play on this day so far. Little had seen me play aggressive postflop in a hand against Scott Clements when I flatted him he checked to me and I bet with A 10 high. Little definitely views me as an online player with little to no live experience. He was playing aggressive putting pressure on people but nothing crazy and not overly supper aggro. He 3 bet Roothlus a lil while ago button vs sb and then folded to a shove.

Stack sizes: I had around 380k i think (i suck at knowing stack sizes and pot size in live tourneys asdjfhaskhsd)
Jonathan Little definitely had over a million chips at this point maybe 1.5 mil.

Blinds: 6k / 12k 2k ante

I have 10 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] in the cut off. Folds around to me, i make it 32k, jonathan little calls out of the BB.

The Flop: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 10[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

he checks to me, i bet 45k he insta-turbo-snap puts me all in

Thoughts on this hand? I was unsure weather to bet or check the flop but I decided there were too many horrendous turn cards to check and i would bet / reevaluate.

I know his check raise all in range is very wide with this kind of board but i was on the fence.

HAVE AT IT [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Edit: also please include input on weather to bet or check the flop
Old 11-23-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: hand vs Jonathan Little Wpt FT Bubble

Really easy fold
Old 11-23-2007, 04:15 PM

Little definitely views me as an online player with little to no live experience.
(i suck at knowing stack sizes and pot size in live tourneys asdjfhaskhsd)

Bad read Mr. Justice. LOL.

I'm pretty sure you're ahead but I'm also pretty sure he's got the Ac which alone makes it a coin flip plus whatever else he gots. MUCKEMSAYUHHHHHHHH

Devo
Old 11-23-2007, 04:37 PM

he has exactly Kc9 here, he loves the overbet shove w/ a decent draw play, have seen it from him a number of times.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:47 PM

sigh and fold
Old 11-23-2007, 04:49 PM

On the flop, is there anything in his range that you can protect your hand from? Does he pay off with worse? Can you now or will you later be able to fold out a better hand? I'd suggest the answer is largely no in each case. So I'd check behind, pleased that I've flopped top pair.
Old 11-23-2007, 04:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he has exactly Kc9 here, he loves the overbet shove w/ a decent draw play, have seen it from him a number of times.

[/ QUOTE ]
What do you do with that hand here? Also I'm not sure but if he flips over a hand like that should we even be calling?
Old 11-23-2007, 04:59 PM

i think i like checking the flop, we're almost betting as a bluff really, and while it sucks if a club comes on the turn, he's not gonna be folding big clubs on the flop - and won't be paying off 3 barrels w/ < TP ten kicker, so i dont think we really lose anything by giving the free card. (overcards pairing is the suck, but meh)
Old 11-23-2007, 05:10 PM

ya I'd check behind a fair bit. If I did bet it'd be with the intention of calling a shove.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:27 PM

Fold, there are a tons of hands he could have here that you'd be drawing extremely slim, best case scenario is a flip -- he could have a small flush, a straight, two pair, top pair with a higher kicker with a flush draw, etc. Because your hand is useless on this board, I'd bet/fold the flop, pure continuation bet.