Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2007, 07:07 AM

Default AQ flops TPTK...do I felt it?

Villain is loose, but not totally stupid. He also might think I'm a nit (which worries me here).

$0.25/$0.5 No Limit Holdem
6 players
Converted at weaktight.com

Stacks:
UTG (<font color="#0000cc">$67.75</font>)
Hero (<font color="#0000cc">$60.30</font>)
CO (<font color="#0000cc">$31.45</font>)
BTN (<font color="#0000cc">$49.25</font>)
SB (<font color="#0000cc">$31.45</font>)
BB (<font color="#0000cc">$29.65</font>)

Pre-flop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG+1 Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $1.5</font>, Hero calls $1.5, <font color="#777777">4 folds</font>

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($3.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $2</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $6</font>, <font color="#cc0000">UTG raises to $14</font>, Hero calls $8

Turn: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($31.75, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">UTG bets $20</font>

Should I have simply shoved the flop? That seems leaky. The turn though...now I'm outta here. The only hand that I was beating that might've played the flop like that was KQ, and now he's winning. Right? Comments? Critiques?
Old 11-23-2007, 07:55 AM

Default Re: AQ flops TPTK...do I felt it?

ur should 3bet pf
and as played i like to shoove flop because of the villain
is loose and he finds ur weak
Old 11-23-2007, 07:59 AM

i 3-bet flop here,you are more likely to find out how good his hand really is with a 3bet.in this spot he could have a-a,k-k,k-q,,a-q as well,maybe k-j with FD or something like j-j 10-10 or simply a FD...since he is lag you should 3bet PF to find out where you are at.as played i shove flop.
Old 11-23-2007, 08:02 AM

How does 3-betting help me find where I'm at? By which I mean, if he folds, great. If he raises, sure I'm done. If he calls, though, where do YOU think I'm at, other than dangling towards the bottom of my 3-bet range and floating somewhere in a nebulous zone in his cold-calling range?

Additionally, does anyone have a problem with shoving all-in on a better turn?
Old 11-23-2007, 08:04 AM

he probably wont coldcall a-k,he probably wont coldcall a-a,k-k,or q-q,i think THATS good to know

i just dont think A-Qo is a good hand to coldcall an utg raise since you cant really find out wether a queen on the flop is really good or just some kind of an improvement
Old 11-23-2007, 09:14 AM

I usually 3 bet or fold pf depending on villain, I rarely flat call. As played I am folding flop. He just b/3b you so now his hand looks like AQ/AKcc (maybe)/QQ/KK/AA. I think this is KQ almost never tbh, I just dont see many people overplaying tpgk like this, they usually go into call down mode. Assuming you dont fold the flop, now youre really done on the turn. A presumable scare card just hit and he isnt scared of it at all, so now you can remove AQ from his range.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he probably wont coldcall a-k,he probably wont coldcall a-a,k-k,or q-q,i think THATS good to know

i just dont think A-Qo is a good hand to coldcall an utg raise since you cant really find out wether a queen on the flop is really good or just some kind of an improvement

[/ QUOTE ]

Everyone on here says "They'll 4-bet with AA/KK," but really, I get flatted with these hands as often as not (actually probably much more often).
Old 11-23-2007, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Everyone on here says "They'll 4-bet with AA/KK," but really, I get flatted with these hands as often as not (actually probably much more often).

[/ QUOTE ]

Not when UTG is oop. You get flatted when you're oop, raising from the blinds -- or when villain is a moron trying to get more money in the pot (multiway, and they cold call behind you or something).

HU, from oop and you're raising quick with a lot of people behind you -- you'll see a flat behind from a dumb AK (semi-smart player, often), or some pp calling loose because he doesn't know the 5/10 rule isn't good enough. Again, I'm talking the semi-smart.

I'm not saying, however, that flatting pf with AQ is a bad move. Just hand ranges with AQ to a 3bet. I like raising here, usually, though.
Old 11-23-2007, 01:57 PM

you say he is loose, but how agressive is he?

i think it looks fine as played, flatting aq pre-flop works when you can plan out how you will act and what kind pot size you want if a q hits on the flop ,and yes, pushing flop is spewey...
Old 11-23-2007, 01:58 PM

push or fold the flop never call. and i almost always fold the flop