Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Notre Dame 8-1
1 0 0%
2 1 2.78%
3 1 2.78%
4 0 0%
5 1 2.78%
6 2 5.56%
7 2 5.56%
8 11 30.56%
9 5 13.89%
10 13 36.11%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-23-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: AP Visit: I\'m going to Costa Rica

This is a great development! This is the first convincing sign I have seen that whoever is now running AP is sincere about cleaning the place up. You don't invite Lt Columbo into your house when you are still trying to figure out where to hide the body.

Nat, thank you for offering your time to go down there and be our eyes and ears.

-pyg
Old 10-23-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When are you leaving?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not going to say the details of the trip until I get back.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1.) What happened, in as much detail as possible?
2.) What has changed so that it won't happen again?

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually specified the price after discussing it with multiple people. AP instantly agreed.

[/ QUOTE ]

i prefer snapcalled.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:14 PM

Nat, I think it's great that you and AP are doing this. It's at least an attempt to add some transparency to the situation. I haven't chimed in on any of these threads yet, but I have read a lot of them. The work you are doing is commendable and I see no reason why anyone should doubt your integrity, or your right to compensation.

Also,
[ QUOTE ]
Can you ask them something like "Why did you continually lie to the public and cover things up when you knew there was cheating going on?" and make sure you get it word for word on record from the highest person at AP you can find.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good luck.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:17 PM

2 questions really stick out in my mind.

1) How was that HH.xls file generated which included all the holecards, IP addresses etc.
2) Does AP plan to take legal action against the people who cheated?

Edited to add: I assume the server generated the HH.xls file, which the employee accidently forwarded. I'm curious to know at what point the xls entries are created. If this xls file generates the holecard entries as the hand is dealt, it wouldn't take a rocket scientist with access to this server to create a little frontend which would display the holecards of any player on any table.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You don't invite Lt Columbo into your house when you are still trying to figure out where to hide the body.

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite. You wait until you've got rid of it.

Still, they never outsmart Columbo. (Nat, please do the "Jus' one last question..." thing as you're leaving the AP office...)
Old 10-23-2007, 05:19 PM

I second the request for an organizational chart both before and after.

I really believe that Absolute is 100% owned by KGC for tax purposes only and the money flow is at least two or three shell companies in different countries. I'd be completely shocked if they were willing to explicitly lay this out for you, but you can always ask. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I would like to know of anyone from KGC is on site. When did they arrive? In what capacity? How long will they be staying?

Why was AP removed from KGC site of licensed companies?

How many people from GA are involved in the audit? When did they arrive? Can you get a private interview with them to get their opinion on how cooperative AP is with the audit?

When was AJ last on the AP premises? Do they know his physical location now? By denying the allegations, he basically committed fraud on the part of AP. Why are they not willing to prosecute?

If they're telling us Scott will be removed from power for some time period, how can that be verified? What is the story behind all the stories? He's involved - he's not involved - hasn't been with AP for a year? How can you remove someone from an org that hasn't been involved for a year?
Old 10-23-2007, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
re: off topic things like blackjack. I don't know anything about those issues. I'm going to focus on the issue of people abusing the ability to see other poker players' cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nat, I understand your trepidation in discussing things you are not familiar with, but we're talking about thousands of people losing out on hundreds of dollars in bonuses, resulting in millions of dollars taken from the player's community. You know how easy it is for a company like this to stonewall its players (which occured in this case), but you will be getting unprecedented access to decision makers.

I can give you any background you need or put you into contact with BJ pros like Ken Smith or (Las Vegas Advisor publisher) Anthony Curtis, who have been stiffed by Bet21.

I'm sure you will have significant downtime during your time at AP. This is an important time for AP to not want to stonewall. I only ask that you try to talk to someone involved with that at some point, or at least to ask for a telephone contact of a decision maker that we could get a hold of.
Old 10-23-2007, 05:22 PM

Ask them for 90% RB.