Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: It\'s my pot, hee, hee, and I can raise if I want to

[ QUOTE ]
It's my pot, hee, hee, and I can raise if I want to

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn it...
Old 10-06-2007, 05:34 PM

Given that he capped preflop, I think raising the flop is a mistake. Unless I know the player pretty well, I usually just fold the flop. With the exception of a couple of players in 20 40 at Az, preflop 4 betting ranges is basically like 3 hands, all of which beat you after the flop comes out. Just fold the flop. People in that game give you so many better spots than this one.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:41 PM

if you think he hates the flop, you DON'T want to raise. You want to call, and make sure a bet goes in on every street. Are you really trying to KO TT here? I mean, he prob doesn't have KK or QQ b/c he didn't cap PF, so I don't think your play has any value. I think you are accomplishing the opposite of what you need to be doing in this hand. As played, check river, because his calldown so far weights his hand more heavily towards QQ which he is paying off with than it does to a lower PP which you would be getting value against.
Old 10-06-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My apologies. I forgot a major detail (my fault for waiting so long to post). He capped preflop after my 3-bet. Given that information, now how do you play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

fold the flop
Old 10-06-2007, 05:48 PM

ok now I am responding to your river play knowing that he capped PF

I very very rarely see people call on the turn with made hands and then fold the river, so I don't think you are getting the right price on your bluff. Is this the kind of player that will do that since you have utterly *convinced him* that you have an A and he doesn't?
Old 10-07-2007, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

My apologies. I forgot a major detail (my fault for waiting so long to post). He capped preflop after my 3-bet. Given that information, now how do you play it?

[/ QUOTE ]

fold the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they play that tight at CAZ? In a lot of Cali games with multi-way pre-flop 3 bets, a cap is given, so people will cap it with whatever to save time. Once they've gone 2 bets, they won't fold until they see a flop.
Old 10-07-2007, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

fold the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

Do they play that tight at CAZ? In a lot of Cali games with multi-way pre-flop 3 bets, a cap is given, so people will cap it with whatever to save time. Once they've gone 2 bets, they won't fold until they see a flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

The games play more LA than LV but not quite up to LA 'standards'. And villain has capped pf HU. It looks to me like villain's got a bigger pair than OP's Jacks. If OP is right in his read that villain hates the flop but he's betting anyway I'd advocate either folding on the flop or calling the flop bet and raising the turn if a King or Queen doesn't come. I lean towards folding the flop because with that many bets in an unknown villain is too often going to showdown to try to raise him off his big pair. As played once he hesitates and calls the flop raise I'm done w/ the hand from there on UI if I'm OP.
Old 10-07-2007, 05:23 PM

I see. That IS tighter than a lot of NorCal games. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]