Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 02:41 PM

Default (razz) In which the hero gets raped by Seb86

In reference to http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...=1#Post12181406

On 5th "villain" says "ahahahaha you paired" and raises me. Whoops. It appears I defined my hand a little too well on 4th. In retrospect that seems pretty dumb. He has too, though... I can't imagine he thinks I paired an 8, and I know he didn't. His raise says to me "I have an 85 or 86" and mine unfortunately says "I have that beat" which means (A3)28 (A4)28 or (34)28 - note that 2 of those have an A so on 5th there's a 2/3 chance I paired. I guess I could conceivably also hve (A5)28 (35)28 or (45)28 but of these I would not be inclined to 3bet the ones without an A. I'm actually in worse shape here than I remembered, a 2:1 dog.

6th is like my dream card. I'm now even with his range, and actually a nice favorite if the 2 paired him.

7th... well. Maybe he only has an 87. But my hand is like totally face up so that seems kinda unlikely. Still, I'm a donkey, so I call.

Razz ($1/$2), Ante $0.20, Bring-In $0.25 (converter)

3rd Street - (1.40 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___completes___raises___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Seat 3: xx xx 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 6: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___brings-in___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 8: xx xx T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds

4th Street - (9.65 SB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___raises
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___raises___calls

5th Street - (7.83 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

6th Street - (11.83 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

River - (13.83 BB)

Hero: 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks___calls
Seat 2: xx xx 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] xx___bets

Total pot: (15.83 BB - $31.65)
Old 09-21-2007, 03:32 PM

Default Re: (razz) In which the hero gets raped by Seb86

I don't think you could play it any different, except maybe not jam on 3rd. The jam gives a lot of information about your hand and ties you to it. However, I would call the reraise bad.

Good read and play by villain raising 5th. This also gives him information, as you almost always reraise if you didn't pair, but flat call if you paired.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you could play it any different, except maybe not jam on 3rd. The jam gives a lot of information about your hand and ties you to it. However, I would call the reraise bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was multi-tabling and I admit that
* I had not played many, possibly none at all, hands with villain before.
* I sometimes auto-pilot 3rd when multi-tabling which is bad

Oddly, I might flat-call if I hadn't paired here *especially* if I had not paired and villain said what he did. Wouldn't I rather he thought his 87 was good? I'd be a 3:1 favorite. On the other hand he's not going anywhere in this hand if he has an 87 so maybe I might as well raise. I *very nearly* reraised 5th in this hand.
Old 09-21-2007, 04:29 PM

P.S. Obviously not all players are 1/2 are stupid - Villain played this hand well.
Old 09-21-2007, 05:29 PM

Anyone else want to get back at villian by check-raising on 6th? Seems very unlikely that he has a made 7, more likely that the 2 paired him.

I can't imagine folding on the river here.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:25 PM

Why would it be unlikely that I have a 7 here ?

the only card I could have paired is the 2 and all you can assume there its that I have 2 card under 5. So there is like 50% chance that I paired (less actually as the 2 is out). So at best he puts one more bet and if I have a 7 he gets to pay 2 more bet.
Old 09-21-2007, 10:55 PM

by 6th I've seen 2 aces, 3 twos, 2 threes and 2 fours. For villain to have paired 6th he has to have the case 2. His range is A2 A3 A4 23 24 and 34. There are 4 combos of each of A3 A4 and 34 but only 2 combos each of A2 23 and 24, so 12 times he's unpaired and 6 times he's not, only a 1/3 chance he's paired here.

If he has a 75 I win 25% of the time - 2/3*1/4 = 16.5 equity
If he has an 87 I win 85% of the time - 1/3 * 1/6 = 28% equity
Overall equity = 45%

Certainly good enough to call 6th, but not enough to raise, I don't think. Even if he paired his 2 he has odds to call my raise so all I do is get re-raised when I'm behind.
Old 09-22-2007, 01:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Good read and play by villain raising 5th. This also gives him information, as you almost always reraise if you didn't pair, but flat call if you paired.

[/ QUOTE ]

If jamming A23 is not worth the +EV on the (small) advantage on the extra bets compared to the value of giving away your hand, then wouldn't that necessarily mean we can cap 75A or something for deception?

-ChipsAhoya
Old 09-22-2007, 01:17 AM

Would it surprise you if I said I sometimes 3bet a57?
Old 09-22-2007, 02:46 AM

jamming A23 is worth on 1/2 cause you never know what the other guy have, thats why I re raised here whith 3 to a 5, at worse (this was the case) I was like a 49.5% underdog which is insignificant, and if the other guy is a moron he could have raised with a brick or something.