Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 07-06-2007, 02:18 PM

Default Re: WSEX: Official Monthly Thread: July. (#11 of 11.)

[ QUOTE ]

Newsflash! If you want a successful poker room, emulate what the most succcessful poker rooms are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great as a soundbite, but in the real world this kind of thinking can get you into trouble. Sure a smallpoker room might make it by emulating Stars and FT, but they are more likely to prosper by offering something different to these sites. It's called niche marketing and it works because there is only ever room for one or two big players at the top.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm considering offering parallel rooms. One with full names in the hand histories, chat, and seats, and the other with fully anonymized seats and everything.
My people don't like it. What do you think?
Fred

[/ QUOTE ]
I really dislike this idea, FWIW
Old 07-06-2007, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Newsflash! If you want a successful poker room, emulate what the most succcessful poker rooms are doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds great as a soundbite, but in the real world this kind of thinking can get you into trouble. Sure a smallpoker room might make it by emulating Stars and FT, but they are more likely to prosper by offering something different to these sites.

[/ QUOTE ]

That something different that you speak of is the rakeback.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:55 PM

Out of interest, how many entered last nights added value tourney?
Old 07-06-2007, 03:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1. Switch to contributed rakeback. Full Tilt uses dealt rakeback. PokerStars awards everyone dealt into a hand the same number of VPP.

2. Don't allow PokerAce HUD. Full Tilt allows PAHUD. PokerStars allows PAHUD.

3. Allow players to change their screen names. Full Tilt does not allow this. PokerStars does not allow this.

[/ QUOTE ]

1) fred said that was already decided

2)and3) party allowed screenname changes, and if wsex allowed you to change your name every month then they would allow pahud. in any case better than two rooms, one anonymous.

also it seems to me they could have kept 100% rakeback if they just made everyone roll it over once in the sports book, which I guess would have effectively made it 95% rakeback.
Old 07-06-2007, 03:48 PM

Getting rid of those crappy freerolls will save $300 per day, thats $109,500 per year.

Can we get 76% rakeback now????

Also, this part of your website is now wrong:

[ QUOTE ]
Tournament Multi-Table NL Texas Hold'emHold'em (Higher Stakes) $500+$50 This type of tournament is completely free to enter. There is no buy-in and no entry fee, but the cash prizes are for REAL money. Starts in - 22 hours, 38 minutes, and 26 seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't free to enter before and it certainley is no longer free to enter
Old 07-06-2007, 05:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of interest, how many entered last nights added value tourney?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't remember the exact number, but it was somewhere just over 400. Don't expect that to be anything near normal, though. It was twice what Tuesday's had, but the first to have a little time for word to get around. Tonight's will probably be similar, and may even max out at 500 (these are still 500 players max, aren't they?). Starting next week it goes VIP only, though (as much as $75/week in rakeback defines a VIP,) and I figure the numbers will stay much lower.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:35 PM

In my opinion WPEX should allow datamining like every other site. It helps the weak players more than it helps the good ones, because the good players are good at getting reads anyways. Datamining doesn't hurt any of the other sites, so it should be good for WPEX also. I am sure many players don't move to WPEX because they cannot use their HUD anymore.

Besides that, if you want a really unique feature that may possibly drag tons of players over, then add a "do you wish to run it twice" button to your NL cashgames. I mean take it as a basic idea, the details have to be worked out later.

Last but not least, take some of the rake money and sponsor some well known pro and get some advertisement going. If you need someone to wear WPEX colors in public, I could do it at the EPT for example [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-06-2007, 05:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It wouldn't matter if we had 10,000 people a night. Unless the cross-over percentages went up and/or the money transfer costs went back down, it made no sense to continue with no rake. A loss leader is one thing, but it wasn't working and it was getting very expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

You got one week until you have to pay the rakeback. Isn't that enough to make some extra profit by investments or on the stockmarket? I always thought the rake you collect (which seemed somehow superfluous) was nothing but a free credit for the company to make extra profit.

[ QUOTE ]
what poker site do you work for?

[/ QUOTE ]

I should be working for one, but right now I am busy saving the world.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with the new 75% rakeback is NOT that people get 25% less and it is not bitterness either!

The problem is that people are disappointed that the 100% rakeback-model got screwed up by incompetent management. Now players have to pay 25% of the rake to keep these guys in business. The best idea in online poker got spoiled by the worst execution possible.

These 25% are an incompetence-fee, nothing more, nothing less.

By the way, I wonder what the 75% rakeback on a rather high rake means in comparison to 27-35% on a medium rake. It's certainly not the difference in hard numbers that the WPEX GM likes to advertise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Think of how incompetent Full Tilt and Poker Stars management must be. I's sure that you send them e-mails calling them incompetent as well, right.

Again, it really bothers me when people act this way toward the poker site that offers by far and away the best deal going. I might add that they are one of the few sites willing to put up with Americans after the BS created by the UIGEA as well. I'm not sure how insulting there management is called for here. If they would have started with 50%, and bumped it up to 75%, you'd be grinning ear to ear, but you would have less money in your pocket today.

Traffic's the problem, and its a problem it look like they are going to try to fix. FWIW, why don't you pitch your free poker plan to the biggies and see how they respond.

After they don't, then pitch them aces never lose, 75% rakeback.

When they don't respond, try pitching 50% rakeback.

When they don't respond, come back and apologize.
Closed Thread