Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-12-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: 50nl - Standard TPGK hand?

[ QUOTE ]
No, the money is won (mainly) after the flop. Why raise with a hand that 1:2 times won't even pair? I raise with AQ and AK and 1010+, but anything else I want to play I call with. You may disagree but let me see a graph. Probably lots of spikes in different directions. You play tight and you will experience less variance which is what I am aiming for.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are mising value. People who raise AJ preflop win more money than those who dont provided they both play good poker. You are also putting yourself at dissadvantage of playing hand out of position by allowing others see the flop for cheap. Position is very important...
Old 07-12-2007, 12:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No, the money is won (mainly) after the flop. Why raise with a hand that 1:2 times won't even pair? I raise with AQ and AK and 1010+, but anything else I want to play I call with. You may disagree but let me see a graph. Probably lots of spikes in different directions. You play tight and you will experience less variance which is what I am aiming for.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are mising value. People who raise AJ preflop win more money than those who dont provided they both play good poker. You are also putting yourself at dissadvantage of playing hand out of position by allowing others see the flop for cheap. Position is very important...

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose the level we are at would change things too. at 10NL a lot of people will call with anything, raise or not. So, I limp with AJ and the flop comes 72J. If I check they will overplay A7 all day. It is misleading perhaps, but these people RAISE with any weak ace and call big raises with any weak ace. I think at lower levels that limping with stronger hands exploits the opponents main weakness, his looseness. Do you understand what I am saying? If I was at 1/2 it would be different.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:17 PM

To me that flop raise really looks like a flush draw, semi-bluffing.

I would raise turn, with that bet I don't see strength I see it as a blocking bet trying to catch a heart on the river.

As played I would just call the river and expect to see 2 hearts.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:27 PM

your still missing value jeff lol
Old 07-12-2007, 12:39 PM

I might raise the turn. lol @ Jeffery change title to king of the nits?
Old 07-12-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Besides pre-flop, it's good. I don't even raise with JA, you want to see flops with those hands. Others will disagree, but I am a steady winner, not a streaky one.

[/ QUOTE ]

everyone folds to you on the button. A10o. Auto raise even without ace 10.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:41 PM

does anyone else smell the flush draw here?

I think 90 percent of the time thats what he has.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone else smell the flush draw here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, or maybe a scared 5x or medium PP just wanting a SD.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I suppose the level we are at would change things too. at 10NL a lot of people will call with anything, raise or not. So, I limp with AJ and the flop comes 72J. If I check they will overplay A7 all day. It is misleading perhaps, but these people RAISE with any weak ace and call big raises with any weak ace. I think at lower levels that limping with stronger hands exploits the opponents main weakness, his looseness. Do you understand what I am saying? If I was at 1/2 it would be different.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow you are obv making a loose player make a bigger mistake by making them put more money in when you have a equity edge and/or playing bigger pots with hands that play better postlfop than theirs.

Also when you say that they will way oveprlay their A7 in that spot: if they are calling raises EVERY time with that sort of hand, would you not want to raise preflop so that when the flop comes J72 and you have AJ, the pot that you win will be 3 or 4 times bigger because of the increased pot size preflop. ie if u limp and the pot is say 3 bbs but if you raised it would be 9bbs say, then if you bet 3/4 pot of w/e all the way in both hands, you will win 3 times as much in the raised pot because it's 3 times bigger from the preflop action.

Also in regards to your steady winning at 10NL/25NL, I'd venture to say that almost anyone with minimal guidance could achieve a respectable winrate with little variance. How about you try raising a lot more of your hands and see where it gets you.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No, the money is won (mainly) after the flop. Why raise with a hand that 1:2 times won't even pair? I raise with AQ and AK and 1010+

[/ QUOTE ]

You do realize that AQ and AK won't even pair half the time and miss the flop almost two thirds the time, right?
Why are you raising those hands?