Raise 2 7.14%
Muck 0 0%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 05:17 AM

Default Re: Official Party Regulars Thread

ok, i got a reply that sounded kind of promising:

"Hello NoEndzNoSkinz,

Thank you for taking time to send in your comments we always appreciate our players point of view in regards to our games.

First off let me say that I do not set the policies for our games but I act as a personal contact for our players and always do my best to help anyway I can. I play poker online at other sites almost everyday and personally I agree with your assessment of this issue.

The issue of ratholing has been a concern with many of our players and has been a topic of discussion with our management for some time. I have been assured that some changes are in the works in regards to the minimum buy in on our no limit games. I can not give you the exact details on this and when it will be implemented but it should be very soon. I also do not know exactly what limit games this will affect but it will be geared to the higher limit games possibly 5\10 and higher. This will be the first step in a process that when completed will eliminate this issue. I do believe that eventually you will see a time limit required before you can leave a game and come back in without bringing the same amount of cash back to the game.

If you would like to discuss this issue in more detail or if there is ever anything I can do to help you with your account please contact me directly at the email address below or the address form this mail.

Kind regards,

Greg Rahn
Executive Host "

so i guess we just have to believe that something is in the works?
Old 07-28-2007, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just put new day record +243K at NL200

[/ QUOTE ]

move up plz
Old 07-28-2007, 05:20 AM

greg is my guy too. I like him and hes been honest with me so far
Old 07-28-2007, 07:47 AM

Greg owns
Old 07-28-2007, 11:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Greg owns

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny u posted that b/c I actually talked to Greg on the phone 2 days ago over exactly this issue (and i wrote him a v long email about it and he actually wrote me back a personalized reply that was not just a cut and paste of the one 3 posts up; v nice to know that he actually put the time in to write me a unique reply instead of the typical Party BS formmails when he very easily could have just done so, given that all u guys are writing in about this too.

Anyway, upshot of the convo: He is 100% aware of the issue and spoke with upper mgmt about it and:

1) He agrees 100% with the ratholer thing and knows that Party is one of the last sites to implement a ratholing policy.

2) NO CHANGE is coming in the near-term, apparently b/c the programmers have told him repeatedly that to implement the ratholing feature would require a major re-jigging of the software (feel free to comment on whether this is BS or not...i'm just relaying what he told me). Probably nothing on this front before 2008.

3) A change, however, that we *might* see later in 2007 (beyond me why they couldn't implement this TOMORROW if they wanted) is that they might up the min buyin on the higher-limit tables to 40BB instead of the current 20BB. This is a step in the right direction altho obv still doesn't fix the problem entirely.

also, how do i get invited to golf tournies!!??? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

lastly, in response to all the swapping requests in this thread; i'm too lazy to go through and answer them personally, but I can help with swaps altho i charge a vig (check the Zoo person-to-person transfer thread for references; i've been vouched for like a billion times)
Old 07-28-2007, 11:11 AM

Thoughts on "imdonelosing"??

Can't figure out what to make of this guy - he's SOOOOOOOO loose pre, like 28/13 full-ring, and loves CC'ing my PFRs in position, and he's been one of the bigger winners in the 25/50 in each of the past few months.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thoughts on "imdonelosing"??

Can't figure out what to make of this guy - he's SOOOOOOOO loose pre, like 28/13 full-ring, and loves CC'ing my PFRs in position, and he's been one of the bigger winners in the 25/50 in each of the past few months.

[/ QUOTE ]

My notes say he's bad, but that was a while ago and every time I see him he's playing 25/50 or 10/20 so either he's better than I thought, very rich, or very lucky.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My notes say he's bad, but that was a while ago and every time I see him he's playing 25/50 or 10/20 so either he's better than I thought, very rich, or very lucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's running very well.
Old 07-28-2007, 11:55 AM

horrible
Old 07-28-2007, 12:47 PM

he's ok. havent played him in awhile. also, ratholing developments are looking interesting. i really hope they put a long time on the rebuy..like 2 hrs or so

-Mike
Closed Thread