Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2007, 09:06 PM

Default Re: The UltimateBet Issue

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cliff notes: Yes, UB is shady with cashouts and things related to "money," but I don't think it's anything new.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this knowledge, why would anyone play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

For a long time, the 10/25 game was infinitely better than any other 10/20 game online, thats why I used to play there primarily. I generally always thought they were rather shady though, so at some point I just told myself to swap out everything and be done w/ the site. I am pretty glad I did leave the site, though my winrate is higher on ub than any other site.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Cliff notes: Yes, UB is shady with cashouts and things related to "money," but I don't think it's anything new.

[/ QUOTE ]

With this knowledge, why would anyone play there?

[/ QUOTE ]

For a long time, the 10/25 game was infinitely better than any other 10/20 game online, thats why I used to play there primarily. I generally always thought they were rather shady though, so at some point I just told myself to swap out everything and be done w/ the site. I am pretty glad I did leave the site, though my winrate is higher on ub than any other site.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have both heard and witnessed this, but I never played a hand at UB.
Old 06-03-2007, 10:15 AM

Ultimatebets software is top notch, but in terms of overall customer service, they are severly lacking in that department. An account I recently created was subjected to a 'random' security check, which happened to coincide with the odd timing of my request for a significant cash out. I provided the necessary information and still, about a week has gone by without any progress on the situation.

As a result of ultimatebets response, and admittedly due to my own stupidity, I lost everything I intended to cash out playing $25/$50 while running on no sleep. Fun stuff.

There really needs to be some sort of consensus between their departments. Either allow intra account transferring and cashouts, or improve procedures so that this is no longer needed. As much as I love the place, unless significant attention is paid to some of their current flaws, I'm going to be eventually forced to move to a site where some sort of consistency is practiced regarding these matters. I hope this never happens.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:26 AM

Hellmuth busto? nah.. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2007, 03:53 AM

Is that directed towards me?

If so, I don't get it.
Old 06-04-2007, 03:14 PM

no sorry, I don't follow thread structure correctly
Old 06-04-2007, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone cashed out by check for FTP recently in the US?

[/ QUOTE ]

i did recently and it was fast - like once it was approved - which took a day or two - i had the check in 3 days - it also cleared no problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cash out via check from FTP once a month and have always had the same experience as described above (since the last time they switch check processors which was in january i think).
Old 06-04-2007, 06:53 PM

Everyone:

Today I had several already "cleared" cashouts from UB (meaning they were supposedly en route to me in the meial) cancelled without warning or notice. This is what they stated in my Transaction History:

"Please be advised that due to an internal error this withdrawal has been cancelled. (DF TraceID: 1572190, MailCheck)"

I am bitching out support right now, will update later.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:03 PM

Recently the UB cashouts have taken a little while, but they do come. I requested $7500 and they sent me 2 separate checks at 2 different times, one totalling $2500, the other $7500. Bank Wire was much faster and efficient, although if you're withdrawing small amounts I probably wouldn't recommend it because of the fees. They say its $50, but my transaction cost $90. My bank took 10 bucks, and a middleman bank took $30.

Although they may take a while, you will eventually get your cashouts.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:13 AM

I am in the same boat as lots of you. I just got this email:
-----------------------------------------
In regards to your inquiry, Your withdrawal was cancelled and placed back into your Ultimatebet account balance due to a transfer based withdrawal.

Upon verification of your play history, we see that your withdrawal amount was not accumulated from game-play. The funds come from a transfer from another player.

Our site is audited by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission, thus we cannot be seen as any kind of banking facility. Please note that the transfer option is in the game to enhance your gaming experience and to provide associated players, who do not have alternative deposit methods, a means of funding their account. The transfer option is not to be used as a means of withdrawing from another players account.

Please transfer the funds back to the original player so it can be withdrawn.

If you have a valid reason for withdrawing the transfer, please advise and I will send your account to a Supervisor for review. if eligible, the exception will be noted on your account so you may withdraw transfers from this player.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.
----------------------------------------------

I assume there are others who have gotten a similar email. What have you all done? Is there some excuse with a track record of working? Just play on the account for a few thousand hands and try again? Any advice is appreciated