Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Focus on the Family News...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Hell, the best thing you can do to raise a good healthy kid is to watch South Park with them."

That would definitely be a matter of opinion. ;]

I think South Park is like the "Beavis and Butthead" of my generation. Sadly, most of those types that I meet today (my brother in law is a prime example), are stocking groceries at Walmart on the graveyard shift.

Huh huh..huh huh...

Granted I'm not a regular South Park viewer, but my first thought would be that if you raised a kid on South Park, he'd be spitting in your face with regularity and calling you a stupid MF'er by age 13. Maybe sooner.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can't be more wrong. South Park is nothing like Beavis and Butthead. Well, both are animated. South Park is a lot more grounded in reality, morality, and honest discussion than any show on television. They may be surface funny to someone uninformed, but like Stewart and Colbert are more funny when you actually know the news, South Park is a lot more funny if you actually have an education. High Satire is probably the most difficult form of art to pull off, and I put Matt and Trey right up there with Swift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't disagree with you there. Satire is my favorite and what little South Park I have seen was brilliantly done. My point is that plopping a kid in front of it won't give him an appreciation for satire. He'll just learn a few new words.

I believe most of the South Park humor goes straight over the head of the vast majority of adult viewers for that matter, so the show might as well be Jackass: The Movie, for them.