Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 11:58 PM

Default Re: K6s preflop spot

[ QUOTE ]
i don't think it's an easy fold no matter what the blinds are like. even if sb realizes what you are doing and plays well he still has to fold the majority of his hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

K6s is the lowest Id go here. If sb is 3 betting a wide range and playing well postflop, I think it makes this hand slightly -ev.

TBH I havent thought about overlimping much because I never do it, but based on stats alone, raising is much better than open limping.

EDIT: I probably shouldn't have said easy fold in my post. My bad.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
TBH I havent thought about overlimping much because I never do it, but based on stats alone, raising is much better than open limping.

[/ QUOTE ]

raising>open limping, but what about overlimping? You say you never do it.

How about smaller suited connectors (<T9s), small Axs and small PPs (<55 maybe)? If a bad player has limped or maybe 2 decent players, then how are you going to play the above hands?

If you know the pot is going to be 3-4 handed or more, then I think overlimping some speculative hands is more +EV than raising.

Is there any value in getting T8s HU against a showdown donk?
Old 11-01-2007, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

raising>open limping, but what about overlimping? You say you never do it.

How about smaller suited connectors (<T9s), small Axs and small PPs (<55 maybe)? If a bad player has limped or maybe 2 decent players, then how are you going to play the above hands?

If you know the pot is going to be 3-4 handed or more, then I think overlimping some speculative hands is more +EV than raising.

Is there any value in getting T8s HU against a showdown donk?

[/ QUOTE ]

I meant overlimping. I also meant overlimping in this specific spot with this hand. Sure 78s or T8s can be a profitably overlimp, but it can also be a fine hand to raise based on how he plays postflop.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:15 AM

People dont 3-bet you much OOP.

If you get both callers you get your money in with 3:1. You have position with a good multiway hand so your implied odds are definetely positive on top of a probable eq edge as it is.

If both blinds call you get 3.5:2 on your money. Now you have a pretty huge edge on the money going in AND you still have position.

The only thing that can make this hand a fold preflop is if you get 3-bet a lot.

With a hand like A5o I would matter more if the blinds were loose calling stations because this is a hand that suffers terribly from reverse implied odds.

In short. If I dont get 3-bet a lot I will play K6s without thinking. Probably fold K2s and K3s. Not K4s.

Stop folding yo!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:50 AM

yay
Old 11-01-2007, 04:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If both blinds call you get 3.5:2 on your money. Now you have a pretty huge edge on the money going in AND you still have position.

[/ QUOTE ]

This should of course read "If both blinds fold "