Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 01:20 AM

Default Re: Why do none of the 3/6 and 5/10 full ring players post here?

Mods plz IP check
Old 11-19-2007, 01:25 AM

I was thinking it was phresh but then i realized that he wouldnt use another account to talk [censored] about this forum.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mods plz IP check

[/ QUOTE ]

Done

I know the secret
Old 11-19-2007, 01:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Mods plz IP check

[/ QUOTE ]
You can IP check my nutz

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-19-2007, 01:34 AM

I agree that shorthanded NLHE takes like 100x more skill than FR, but like Epipen said, FR is less variance, more tables, and easier decisions. You can keep your ego, I'll take my monies.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:39 AM

wow this binary finary paul van dyk mix is hot fire.

on another note, whether or not sh or hu players are "better players" is irrelevant to the fact tat a forum split is best for the full ring community as well as clarification that the other forums are 6m / hu oriented.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:43 AM

let's not get in a pissing contest about who is better, 6max or FR. (like that will stop the pissing contests.)

point is, it makes sense that both have:

high stakes
medium stakes
small stakes
micro stakes

if one or two of them have fewer posters than others, no harm done. it'll be clearer for everyone.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:20 AM

I'd love to see a split into a medium/high stakes FR forum and a low stakes FR forum. The low stakes would be micro limits up to NL100 or maybe NL200. And the other forum would be higher than NL200.

I also think it would allow for more live posts that wouldn't stick out like sore thumbs in the medium stakes forum.

Here's a good example of a post that would do better in a mid-stakes FR forum than the current MSNL forum. But the poster is new and didn't realize where the FR forum fits in, so he tried to just go by the stakes.

Refresh my memory on simple decision, $2/$5 NL live

It's not a great, thought-provoking post, but it's a common situation in live 5/5 games that's worth a little better advice than "LOL" and ridicule. About the best he'll get in MSNL is ignored. If he's lucky, he might get a sentence about "push or fold."

Since the game in that post is playing 9-handed with a mix of short and deep stacks between $150 and $500-$1000+ the hand doesn't really belong mixed in with a micro-limits forum even if the concepts involved aren't terribly complicated. Therefore, a separate forum would be nice.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
splitting wont help bring any high stakes posters. None of you really know what you are doing to an extent that would be helpful to anyone who plays 5/10 or higher. Any activity in this forum would be charitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Splitting would bring in high stakes posters. They wouldn't be posting "here," they'd be posting in a med/high stakes FR forum. They'd move their posting from the existing SH forums to the new FR one. So you'd be talking to the same people, just in a new forum.
Old 11-19-2007, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don’t post here because MANY posters here are arrogant mediocre players and posters. You have a few decent players like Renton, GM, BottomSet, DLM, Sabre, Too Easy …mebbe more but no good players. Phresh tried to help out and for some reason you guys pissed him off to the point where he wont post here any more. Bottom line is that most of you play FR for a reason and we all know that. Very few of you can play shorthanded or heads up which basically means you cant play poker very well, so no one wants your advice. That’s why no good players post strat in this forum. Its not just because of the low limit garbage which is another problem in itself. Its that you really aren’t poker players if you play Full ring as your game of choice. YOU ARE NITZ.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice first post, very well worded to not sound conceded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, I'm not really trying to be a jerk. Im being nice and telling the truth. Sorry if the truth makes me sound conceded.

splitting wont help bring any high stakes posters. None of you really know what you are doing to an extent that would be helpful to anyone who plays 5/10 or higher. Any activity in this forum would be charitable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think conceded means what you think it means.

Hopethat doesn't sound too conceited.