Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2006, 03:40 PM

Default Re: Neteller\'s updated position

its not about whether or not you need to redeposit, if a huge majority of the people supplying your income cannot redeposit then the issue of being able to only withdrawl is not the only thing to think about. granted there is the rest of the world and the gams will not just instantly dry up, but if a vast majority of the US peoples/fish could not put any more money onto a pokersite, it cant be good for the games of the future.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So what do we do now?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's really get me into 2nd though about all this. Will pokersite that now to stay all sudden will not take US players when July 2007 come????
[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 03:44 PM

i know click2pay is reputable. if the only concern was withdrawling you could always go the check route in the end, but the concern is making it easy for all to redepo on a site. Im pretty confident that the sites in buisness will and probably are aggressivly seeking out what options will and are availible in the future to us. Sites may choose to stay in buisness with us, but I cant see them just doing that if they thought it was going to be "hard" for us to get money on their sites later on.

granted its all words and press, but Im sure they feel there will be options.

Id just relax, drink and celebrate prohobition. It will be a little inconvient, but only for a while. things will get sorted and will get back on track.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

It looks like they're taking the "we'll do what they want us to when we're specifically told how to comply, until then business continues"

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, the regulations don't even exist yet. Let's not start [censored] ourselves yet.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:47 PM

Default Everybody take a breath . . .

First, there are lots of ways to move money around other than Neteller. I live in MD and so can't open a Neteller accunt and I manage just fine.

Second, there are all kinds of ways that the regs could allow various types of transactions. For starters, from what the banks and other commentators have said, it'll pretty tough, if not technically impossible, to draft air-tight regs on this issue. Also, the statute expressly provides the Fed with an out if it finds that a particular category of transactions is "impractical" (I think that's the word used) to block. The banking industry will push hard on this option if it will be at all costly to screen transactions. And we only need ONE exclusion or one loophole to get money into and out of the sites. You can bet that if there's any possible way to move money around the sites will do everything in their power to make it as easy as possible for their customers to use it.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
its not about whether or not you need to redeposit, if a huge majority of the people supplying your income cannot redeposit then the issue of being able to only withdrawl is not the only thing to think about. granted there is the rest of the world and the gams will not just instantly dry up, but if a vast majority of the US peoples/fish could not put any more money onto a pokersite, it cant be good for the games of the future.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I'm worry about. [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2006, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We could rehash the debate about fish and the quality of games until the end of time. People who want to play will find a way. Not all, but many will. The growing legitimacy and legalization of online poker in the rest of the world will bring many new people to the table to replace whatever % of fish that may be scared off. The biggest issue we need to worry about is wether sites continue to welcome us. Everything else will work itself out because they would not be welcoming us on their sites if they could not get our money into their systems.

I am curious to see what impact (if any) Netteller's announcement has on the official stance of Stars, FT and the other brave sites that are sticking around for us. Them staying the course would be a good indication that this is not an issue for us.

Everyone is worried about the reputability of the new e-wallets that replace Netteller and Firepay. I would not be surprised to see online sites form a spinoff site under ther control that could assure the receipt of funds into their system. They need us all to be comfortable doing business with them.
Old 10-19-2006, 03:56 PM

Is anyone else having problems opening the PDF release?
Old 10-19-2006, 03:58 PM

2/2 pgs came through clear for me
Old 10-19-2006, 03:58 PM

Not me, I just tried it again, and it's fine.