Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt has lost my action

I don't know what an acceptable number is in the software industry, but anytime you make something work 95% of the time in most cases you're doing a damn good job.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not really. 5 isnt that big of a number, and 5% is .05 that is fairly small in my book.

What percentage of user do you think have computers less than 2 years old?

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not talking about playing Oblivion here. We're talking about a poker client. If 5% of users are having a problem with a piece of software, then there is a problem with the software.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's more than five percent of the world that believes in psychic healing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that all of the posters here who claim to be having problems with Full Tilt's software are nutjobs and what they claim to be experiencing isn't actually happening. That makes sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not claiming that. I have no actual evidence that this is the case. I'm sure they are experiencing something. I'm not sure that they have done the normal things to try to make things run better.

By normal things I mean compacting your PT database, all the memory management stuff talked about in the thread, making Tilt a priority process et cetera and so forth.

It's also not clear to me what they consider unplayable lag to be. I get the occasional freezeup, generally during a PT import. They could be getting the exact same thing I'm getting and be wildly overreacting to it.

Most likely it's a combination of all of this kind of crap and it doesn't mean Tilt shouldn't improve their client to process data more efficiently because clearly they should.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know what an acceptable number is in the software industry, but anytime you make something work 95% of the time in most cases you're doing a damn good job.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about that for a minute. One out of every twenty items that a company ships doesn't work. How long do you think they will remain in business?
Old 10-20-2006, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about that for a minute. One out of every twenty items that a company ships doesn't work. How long do you think they will remain in business?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's totally dependent on the industry.

I'm in a service industry so we have to judge by satisfaction rates and 99% is considered world class service with 97% being good and 95% being eh, kinda okay.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure that they have done the normal things to try to make things run better.

By normal things I mean compacting your PT database, all the memory management stuff talked about in the thread, making Tilt a priority process et cetera and so forth.

[/ QUOTE ]

HSB,

If you read my post in the linked thread you will see that I have done all of this and more (PTDBs compressed, process priority High in taskman, no 3rd party apps, nothing using bandwidth).

Another poster reformatted his entire friggin computer and trialled the Full Tilt client on a completely fresh install of XP. No third party application interference, nothing else consuming RAM or CPU cycles, zero fragmentation of the pagefile, no other applications using even the tiniest bit of bandwidth from his cable broadband connection.

As end users we have gone far beyond all reasonable expectation to do absolutely everything in our power to enable the Full Tilt client to perform optimally and it does not. Seriously, what else do you expect us to do? Animal sacrifice?

[ QUOTE ]
It's also not clear to me what they consider unplayable lag to be. I get the occasional freezeup, generally during a PT import. They could be getting the exact same thing I'm getting and be wildly overreacting to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unplayable lag is constant lag of several seconds for each action you try to make. Obviously if you play 6+ tables, if each action is taking many seconds, and you are faced with several decisions at once, this can cause you to time out before being able to act on some of your hands. If I was experiencing 'occasional freezeups' that coincided with PT imports it would be pretty [censored] obvious what was causing them and I wouldn't be posting about it here.

[ QUOTE ]
Most likely it's a combination of all of this kind of crap and it doesn't mean Tilt shouldn't improve their client to process data more efficiently because clearly they should.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally you state that "clearly" the users are at fault here despite the fact that you have no idea what the source of the problem is, and haven't bothered to take note of the lengths people have gone to to try and solve it. Thanks for that.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:35 PM

When I complained to FTP about lag they said it was because I had wireless internet. How they can operate a major site and have that be an issue is beyond me, but if u really wanna play at the same site as Phil Ivey you can connect the cable directly to ur comp.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When I complained to FTP about lag they said it was because I had wireless internet. How they can operate a major site and have that be an issue is beyond me, but if u really wanna play at the same site as Phil Ivey you can connect the cable directly to ur comp.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is BS.
Old 10-20-2006, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, a 95% success rate is pretty damn phenomenal in any industry.
Old 10-20-2006, 04:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally you state that "clearly" the users are at fault here despite the fact that you have no idea what the source of the problem is, and haven't bothered to take note of the lengths people have gone to to try and solve it. Thanks for that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Please try to pull your head out of your !@#$ for a moment. Not everything said in general terms is meant to apply to you specifically. You did the normal stuff. The guy who reinstalled XP did the normal stuff. The other dozen or so folks who have said they had problems, have they done the normal stuff?

And if you go back and read the bit I quoted, what it says is that clearly Full Tilt needs to upgrade their client.

Now can the attitude will ya?
Old 10-20-2006, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, a 95% success rate is pretty damn phenomenal in any industry.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it really isn't.

95% is fine if you're making cheap clock radios. It's totally unacceptable if you're making artificial hearts.