Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2006, 01:05 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt has lost my action

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[Edit: I'm sorry if I'm being kind of harsh but I am tired of posters coming into this thread, completely ignoring what has already been posted, and saying "lolz d00d it must be ur internet wirez ru sure theyre plugged in?"]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem you have is that plenty of people have no probelms with FT. This isnt like WPEX where everyone has these issues. So if you have 100 people playing on a site and 97 have no problems and 3 do, you should not be surprised when people presume its a problem on your end.

[/ QUOTE ]

prime,

It isn't surprising when the first person presumes that. It gets kind of annoying when, after having tested everything thoroughly and repeatedly demonstrated that it's not a system or connection issue, for the fourth or fifth time someone blunders into the thread, doesn't bother reading what's already been written, and says "well it has to be your connection".
Old 10-20-2006, 01:07 PM

not really. 5 isnt that big of a number, and 5% is .05 that is fairly small in my book.

What percentage of user do you think have computers less than 2 years old?
Old 10-20-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I havent had any problems, but realize that Full Tilt is likely going to expience some expansion problems. This has happened to every site as it grows. Party has had plenty of problems over the years as the player base grew, UB has been plagued with them too.

I am sure Pokerstars had problems along the was from 5k players to 100k players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Beavis,

These don't appear to be expansion problems for some of us. Many people with this lag issue, me included, have had this problem with Full Tilt since day one, back when it was way smaller than it is now.

Also, according to Full Tilt's tech support themselves, the influx of players should not be affecting server stability or performance at all. Quoting from one of their recent emails to me:

> We are no where near capacity for our servers, we are making sure of
> that, so overload is not a possibility. Our servers are stable and well
> maintained.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope you can get your situation worked out, but I don't think its Full Tilts fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

When a problem affects one site and one site only, and the internet connection to that site has been discounted, then you can start to suspect maybe it is Full Tilts fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

And when it affects 5% of the players you can start to suspect that maybe it isn't. What do we have, about ten or fifteen people with lag problems?

Are you sure you have all your OS's various updates and patches and stuff installed?

[/ QUOTE ]

5% is a HUGE number.

[/ QUOTE ]

19 quadrillion is a huge number. 5% is enough to suggest that there is a moderately common incompatibility issue. Full Tilt is trying to address the big things they need to address like server capacity and how much actual data they send back and forth. The user should be addressing things on their end, making sure they have all their updates and patches and all the memory management crap instead of just putting it all on Full Tilt.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[Edit: I'm sorry if I'm being kind of harsh but I am tired of posters coming into this thread, completely ignoring what has already been posted, and saying "lolz d00d it must be ur internet wirez ru sure theyre plugged in?"]

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem you have is that plenty of people have no probelms with FT. This isnt like WPEX where everyone has these issues. So if you have 100 people playing on a site and 97 have no problems and 3 do, you should not be surprised when people presume its a problem on your end.

[/ QUOTE ]

prime,

It isn't surprising when the first person presumes that. It gets kind of annoying when, after having tested everything thoroughly and repeatedly demonstrated that it's not a system or connection issue, for the fourth or fifth time someone blunders into the thread, doesn't bother reading what's already been written, and says "well it has to be your connection".

[/ QUOTE ]

People that say it has to be your connection are morons. But it may be something on your end, or it could be a combination of issues from your end and their end. No one knows for sure.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:10 PM

Full Tilt lost my action when I realised it was such a nit fest
Old 10-20-2006, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Full Tilt lost my action when I realised I sucked at poker

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

Seriously, if you think Full Tilt is all tight nitjobs then you're nuts.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not really. 5 isnt that big of a number, and 5% is .05 that is fairly small in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not talking about playing Oblivion here. We're talking about a poker client. If 5% of users are having a problem with a piece of software, then there is a problem with the software.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

We're not talking about playing Oblivion here. We're talking about a poker client. If 5% of users are having a problem with a piece of software, then there is a problem with the software.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's more than five percent of the world that believes in psychic healing.
Old 10-20-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

There's more than five percent of the world that believes in psychic healing.

[/ QUOTE ]

So what you're saying is that all of the posters here who claim to be having problems with Full Tilt's software are nutjobs and what they claim to be experiencing isn't actually happening. That makes sense.