Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 01:46 AM

Default Re: This time last year....

last year had a sick heater in august/september winning about 75k when i sucked at tnys(obv bought house in lv, new house back home, bmw 650i and used benz) This year am stuck with 6500 in bills a month, all my cash sitting in a diving real estate market, & grinding lower limit tnys with skills about 3x better than last september....hmm whats wrong with that picture? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-18-2007, 01:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
a year ago I was starting my sophomore year of college after a ridiculously successful first 8 months of the year in poker and enjoying life immensely. I then proceeded to not play poker for the next year, and now I'm starting my junior year of college after not playing poker for a year (well, sorta) and enjoying life immensely. here's to the next year of even less poker!

[/ QUOTE ]

funkii, what's the story behind you quitting poker if you were crushing?
Old 09-18-2007, 03:33 AM

Last year: regularly cashing in live donkaments at the local brick and mortar, building up a 4 figure bankroll.

This year: still beating the local donkaments, travelling within the uk for live donkaments, built up a high 5 figure roll which i subsequentally have now dropped all on deposit for a new place and am near completely busto. I have switched to grinding 2-5 live cash games, and am rebuilding the roll, getting back to mid 4 fig's and doing alright. switched online sites and have moved to Stars, seems to be where all the action is!
Old 09-18-2007, 04:20 AM

Broke a year ago, broke today. Make another one of these next year.
Old 09-18-2007, 04:22 AM

damn I shoulda been moving up. My br was like 100K last year and now its like 150K and I've barely moved up, have no fame and no live tournies, wtf.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:50 AM

In August 2006 I started playing on Stars with $70 bankroll after being busto playing online BJ like a degenerate.
I thought that poker = NL holdem. I didn't know who ajunglen & gobboboy were.

Now I'm a commentator for WSOP broadcasts on Russian TV. I'm the editor-in-chief of the Russian version of Poker Europa magazine and I will be in charge for the Russian version of the CardPlayer magazine.

I won three small live tournaments and had some big results (for my bankroll) online. Three days ago I finished 10th in WCOOP-4 (triple draw) - well, I was a huge CL when 16 players remain [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I wrote a big article about online-poker for the special supplement to the biggest Russian newspaper. There is a big piece about gobbo and ajunglen there [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

It was a big year. Enough bragging. Thanks, 2+2!
Old 09-18-2007, 05:51 AM

about this time last year, I had a 30k roll but would quickly lose the majority of it in a gross mtt run where I couldn't cash to save my life along with a 15 or so buyin downswing at 2/4nl on ftp. i had crushed 2/4 on fortune all summer, but when they closed to US customers, I figured FTP games were just as soft, but they weren't and I got crushed. was teetering on the edge of busto-ness when I luckboxed my way into a sick backing/coaching deal for pretty much any online tournament I wanted to play except for the 100r's and up.

now: still backed for donkaments, although not by the same person as last year, but now I'm playing lots of big live events and anything i want to online. it's also taken a year for me to get my own roll back to where I'm comfortable playing 2/4nl again, where I've been doing very well focusing on heads up, with lots of help from people like ec10, mastr, and aaronbeen

I still haven't had the giant life changing MTT score that pretty much all of my friends have hit this year, but I've been ridiculously close to a few of them (top 10 stack with about 60 left in the PCA, and was at or near the chiplead at some point in all 4 of my WSOP cashes this year, including the main event when I had a monster stack on the bubble). I've made huge strides in my tournament game even in the last 2-3 months and I feel like it's only a matter of time before I take down a really big one.
Old 09-18-2007, 05:55 AM

Grinding 2/4 w/ a 10k roll.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:20 AM

putting the last bit of my poker winnings/bankroll (about 4k) to my last full year of undergrad (still have 1 quarter left here). sad sad times.

currently rebuilding my roll though! woo!
Old 09-18-2007, 06:38 AM

Good thread
This time last year my bankroll hit 100k for the first time. I left sit n goes for cash games. I also wa about to start the blog teamrobusto.com and to go on the live tournament circuit.