Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2007, 10:22 AM

Default Re: Kimerbly Lansing is Hot: Fact

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this chick gets around

[/ QUOTE ]

Her interviews with celebrities are about 100x better than her interviews with poker players, only because you can tell she cares about what the celebrities have to say, and doesn't give half a [censored] about what the poker players are talking about. Which is kind of ironic.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's kind of hard to compare the two based on this clip since it is highly edited and the poker clips are pretty much raw. I'm sure the unedited interviews with celebrities have their awkward moments too.
Old 09-08-2007, 11:47 AM

ZOMG! Check out THIS video she did w/ Chad Brown. He looks like an adolescent girl if ya kno what I mean [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...(plz don't hurt me Chad [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])
Old 09-08-2007, 12:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ZOMG! Check out THIS video she did w/ Chad Brown. He looks like an adolescent girl if ya kno what I mean [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]...(plz don't hurt me Chad [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img])

[/ QUOTE ]

nice man boobs
Old 09-08-2007, 01:00 PM

Sorry, I can't stand up right now...
Old 09-08-2007, 01:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Probably the only one that tells her to keep her hands off him..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ES2ELz9pEMo

[/ QUOTE ]

She looks as uninterested as humanly possible. Why does she have the job if she doesn't care? pretty annoying actually. It's poker, it's not some model fashion show or something, it's just cards and it's math and i don't know why this girl is there if she is so bored of it
Old 09-08-2007, 01:34 PM

wow, extremely hot but she gives the worst poker interviews I've ever seen, clearly has never even played the game before
Old 09-08-2007, 01:46 PM

Default Re: Kimberly Lansing is Hot: Fact

FYI, I'm the one responsible for the reversed images in Kimberly's early videos from Biloxi. I was helping her set up on Day 1, and we needed to adjust preferences to account for low lighting levels (we're missing the side lights she usually uses). I discovered a preference for mirroring the video, and misinterpreted it.

When using a webcam on my Mac (yes, I'm a Macintosh guy), it would allow you to see yourself in reverse (like in a mirror), while the output video would be oriented normally. When I showed the mirror-image option to Kimberly on the PC she's forced to use, she loved it -- it's much easier to interact with your own image if it's mirrored back at you rather than presented as someone else would see it. Unfortunately, with this software, it also reverses the final output -- oops. The blame lies entirely with me, and we didn't notice it until late on Day 1. Sorry 'bout that.

For the most part, Kimberly is her own technical producer, directing and uploading the videos herself. She sits right next to us (the lowly poker reporters), and we help her schedule the interviews during breaks (we know the players better), and we'll usually give her a 15-second synopsis about a player -- their big poker accomplishments, their current status in the tournament, their demeanor, etc.

While a webcam interview might lack a lot of technical quality, it creates a unique setting and allows the video to be posted within about 5 minutes. (Kimberly reviews the footage before posting, and that's about it.) Compare that to the 45 minutes (or longer) that it usually takes other sites to upload their videos done with more traditional DV cameras. And the cost savings of having one less crewperson (cameraman/editor) is substantial when you account for salary, travel, etc.

It's rare that we give her a suggested line of questioning. She just hits "record" and starts talking -- sometimes the players don't realize that the video has already started. The beauty of this format is that it is less formal than most other poker videos, and the players let down their guard a bit and have more fun. The videos where players analyze big hands seem to be less popular than the videos where she just chats with them and gets them to open up a bit -- but she tries to go for both angles if she can.

Is Kimberly Lansing a professional poker player, well versed in game theory and "Harrington on Hold'em"? No. Does she appreciate and love the game, and enjoy talking to the players? Yes.

Kimberly is a professional, experienced on-camera reporter, and I think she does a superb job under the conditions. Watch some of her entertainment/red carpet interviews (I think some are on YouTube), and you'll see that this girl has a bright future, and we're lucky to have her working with us at the WPT. Just remember that in a poker interview, she gets perhaps 15 seconds of prep; if she's interviewing Denzel Washington about an upcoming movie (which she has done), she'll likely have at least a day to prepare for that specific interview and line of questioning.

Another factor is that someone like Denzel is an experienced interviewee. Compare that to most poker players, who don't rise to the top because of their on-camera presence. Denzel knows how to be interviewed, while some poker players feel awkward because such a beautiful girl is actually talking to them.

For those of you who want hardcore analysis of hand situations and tournament strategy, real-time poker video interviews are not the format for you. Check out blogs and tournament reports from the players themselves -- they get into deep detail, and let you inside their own thought process, setting up the entire situation. There are occasional Pro Player Blogs mixed with the reporting at WorldPokerTour.com, and they are usually very interesting.

I just wanted to give everyone a glimpse into how the videos are made. It's a different style than Lizzie Harrison at Card Player or Tiffany Michelle at PokerNews -- but it's a style that we like, and so far we're getting good feedback from the players and the fans too. (FYI, I deserve *zero* credit for this -- I wish it was my idea, but it wasn't. I just help out when I can.)

Kimberly's videos are already great, and I think they're going to get even better as the players get to know her better and get used to the format.

Now I'll let everyone get back to arguing whether or not she's a 9 1/2 or a 10, and laugh at those of you who consider a 9 1/2 to be below your personal standards.
Old 09-08-2007, 01:53 PM

fair point
Old 09-08-2007, 01:58 PM

why are all these guys explaining hands? Seriously thats one thing you should let out of those interviews, its boring to death to hear how some guys quads won from a pair of T's.

Why dont they say something like, 'I had a good hand, but then suddenly the other guy had a better hand on the river and I lost' when she asks, and then start hitting on her.
Old 09-08-2007, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She looks as uninterested as humanly possible. Why does she have the job if she doesn't care? pretty annoying actually. It's poker, it's not some model fashion show or something, it's just cards and it's math and i don't know why this girl is there if she is so bored of it

[/ QUOTE ]
ban.