Buzz

ever folding this hand with these stacks is clearly not an option, no
Old 06-13-2007, 03:48 AM

Default Re: AA oop vs another biggish stack

that board im going all the way
Old 06-13-2007, 05:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
OK so what I'm getting is that we need to get all our chips in the center, on the flop, or (non-[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]) turn, right?

Buzz

[/ QUOTE ]

You should get your chips in the center regardless of what the turn brings. Do not slow down even if a spade or a J comes. With no reads, you can safely assume opponents are semi-donks in a 4/180-tourney, and they will call you down with all sorts of rubbish.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:50 AM

I think after the flop I would be more inclined to bet 2
t2400-2800. the reason for this is that it cuts drawing odds but also allows Villain more opportunity to think he can reraise us back.

t3200 will have him think he has much less chance when we want to to push back at us. Surely we need to maximise the chance of the push?
Old 06-13-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
preflop is where you're in trouble. One, a bet of 1000/1200 was plenty big enough. You'd decrease the pot size by 1200-800 chips going into the flop. On the flop, you'd save another 1k on your bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

This could not be any more wrong. There are great arguments for making a bigger raise with AA agaainst unobservant opponents so that you can build a bigger pot and cut down on drawing odds.

This hand was played great. you are likely to get raised on this flop and that will allow you to get your money in as a nice favorite against his range.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are not deep enough to be raising 4x pf. Both their M's are < 20 and raising to 1200 is more than enough. By raising 1600 you are screaming that you are either scared to play the hand post flop or you have a big pp or AJ-AK and want to get it all in preflop.
Unless you have been raising 4x every hand then it is not as bad.But if you selectively change your pf raising amount then it is just an extra read for your opponents.
Old 06-13-2007, 12:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
there's no reason to raise 4xbb unless this is his standard raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are stating that ever varying your opening raise size is bad, then I can see that. I dont agree but others have that opinion.

If you are stating that building a larger pot (and succesfully getting it to heads-up) PF is a bad thing when you have pocket aces, then I disagree. Adamantly.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:32 PM

I don't think it is so much about not letting him catch a flush. We have a very big hand and we want all the money in the middle ASAP. We'd prefer to have all the money in the middle on the turn when it is most likely that a villain who is drawing is still drawing. 3K on the flop puts 10K in the pot. Shove the turn. Perfect. Let the cards fall where they may. If the villain shoves the flop, you have way too much hand to let go of. If he has JJ, 55 or 22, it just wasn't your day.