Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-25-2007, 03:48 PM

Default Re: NL400 - AQs in BB gets strange

dunno about NL400, but at smaller stakes this is always a huge hand, QQ+. you're either totally dominated, or you have 3 good aces.

again, not sure about NL 400, but at nl 50 people love limping AA in mp.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:59 PM

Hard for me to say what happens at 400NL but I've had this happen to me twice in the last week or so at 100NL. Once I had JJ, the other time I had AK.
Both times I called. One time it was a guy with 99 and I won with a pair. The other time the guy folded on the turn.

I think actually pushing is better than calling but anyways yeah I think this is usually a medium PP and villain is trying to steal the initiative. Why didn't he take initiative initially? IDK, maybe he just limped for multiway set value and now thinks a raise is best? I dont know
Old 05-25-2007, 04:05 PM

If the guy is strange, he might be strange in a way that he limps a hand like KK or AK here. He might be strange maniac and raise u with any 2.

U have to be really sure he is the type #2 if u are going to do anything else than folding.
Old 05-25-2007, 04:27 PM

this is weird it happened to me a while back at NL200, utg raised 4x, all fold COcalls BTN calls, I raise to 12xbb w AQ in bb, all fold co reraises to 30bb.... wtf!!!!

the guy had stats similar to the villans here and had like 60bbs total, I think someone that has that bad of stats and doesnt know to reload at NL200 and is obviously not a reg, is probably bad enough to smooth call with QQ+ multiway thinking oh goody I am gona win me a big pot with this let me slwo play it,,,,,,

so i also tend to fold in these weird situations
Old 05-25-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
this is weird it happened to me a while back at NL200, utg raised 4x, all fold COcalls BTN calls, I raise to 12xbb w AQ in bb, all fold co reraises to 30bb.... wtf!!!!

the guy had stats similar to the villans here and had like 60bbs total, I think someone that has that bad of stats and doesnt know to reload at NL200 and is obviously not a reg, is probably bad enough to smooth call with QQ+ multiway thinking oh goody I am gona win me a big pot with this let me slwo play it,,,,,,

so i also tend to fold in these weird situations

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the situation is quite a bit different in that in my hand, no one raised the first time around. In your case, I could easily see the CO having AA or KK and just hoping to let UTG hang himself as opposed to 3betting to get him out of the hand. In this case, its much different because this guy limped behind 2 other limpers, then after I raised, decided to 4 bet!
Old 05-25-2007, 06:48 PM

Why is everyone folding if they think it is a coinflip. We should call if he has a PP below QQ here, right?
Old 05-25-2007, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone folding if they think it is a coinflip. We should call if he has a PP below QQ here, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think it's a push. It's not a coin flip if we plan to fold flop should we not pair up. Plus lower PPs that actually have some edge on us will probably fold giving us some FE. Remember the only hand that really crushes us is AA. We still have a 32-34 % chance of winning against KK & QQ.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I think it's a push. It's not a coin flip if we plan to fold flop should we not pair up. Plus lower PPs that actually have some edge on us will probably fold giving us some FE. Remember the only hand that really crushes us is AA. We still have a 32-34 % chance of winning against KK & QQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what about AK? I've seen people limping with it so that they are "hidden" when they hit TPTK on flop. I don't know the odds of AQ against AK, but it's worse than 32-34%, right?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:35 PM

all in, you are a toss to win and you might make him fold.

consider checking preflop with early position limpers who may be limping good hands. Your hand plays very well multiway anyway.
Old 05-26-2007, 03:43 AM

I push to take it away from the re-stealer. The steal is good and I think he knows it so he's restealing so I push hoping for a fold and like renton said if he calls your prolly flipping with a mid PP most of the time. At the edges of the curve you'll have hands like AAKKAK and at the other end you'll have some wacky stuff too

Just like renton