Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2007, 12:28 PM

Default We need a general internet marketing FAQ/Q&A thread.

I think it'd be a good idea to start a discussion on how some of us involved in the money making project are making money, and to start sharing more ideas. Whether it's SEO, monetization, niches, affiliate marketing, adsense, and all other related topics.

We need to start sharing ideas. Building backlinks, keyword research, niche selection, and everything else between.

Post what works for you, what products/services have helped out along the way, suggested CMS's, and anything else we can think of.

If one of the more experienced posters recommends a product that works for them, I think it'd be nice to thank them for there time to send them a PM for the affiliate link. We need all of the experience we can get here, and the advice some of them have to offer is probably well worth giving them a commission on a product you can use anyway.

Right now, I don't have much to contribute except for some basic web design tips.

So, lets try to get together and help each other out a little bit more, what do you guys think?
Old 02-01-2007, 07:56 PM

Default Re: We need a general internet marketing FAQ/Q&A thread.

I'm really curious about who's making money with adsense. I've been on a few other message boards where people have been using it for a while and many really don't make a lot from it. From what I've read, the key is to have multiple sites, but it just seems that those who want to read about MMO are less likely to click on the ads.

Also, I have joined a few affiliate programs through commission junction, but I have been hesistant about joining ClickBank. CB is another affiliate program that has those sales letters. IMO some of those sales letters, for SEO products, seem to promise riches to their customers, but I find them so hard to trust. Thus, I never really felt comfortable promoting them. If someone has 1st hand experience as a customer or seller of CB products, please give us your opinion. Thanks.
Old 02-01-2007, 08:04 PM

There's a reason that most of those sales letters are the same format. Because they're proven to work.

Edit: ALL of my sales have been from cb products
Old 02-01-2007, 08:18 PM

I was just curious. All the letters seem very convincing. That's what makes me nervous. How do you distinguish one product from another? Have you tried any of the products that you sell? A lot of people are making $ from CB. In fact I remember the advice you gave earlier about selling products once you get comfortable. That seems to be the general consensus. I think I may take a dive into CB and see how it goes. I was just worried that I'd be making promises to customers that would seem unrealistic.