Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2007, 10:22 PM

Default 25NL QJs -- I think I (mostly) have a river question

I was new at the table, so my reads were very sketchy at the time. My first impression was that the table was on the LAGgy side. I also had the feeling that the main Villain in this hand was one of the more sensible players at the table, but that was mostly a guess.

On the river, I wasn't at all sure I was actually beat, but I couldn't decide what to do.

Bet and try to represent the ace? If so, how much? Check and hope Villain checks behind? Check and then, when he bets ~1/4 pot, call with queen-high? Check and then checkraise once I see that small bet? Check and then just let him have it, like I actually did?

Beats me. What do you think?

Comments on other streets are also welcome, but I am mostly wondering about the river.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($24.65)
MP ($11.75)
CO ($10.75)
Button ($24.65)
SB ($34.40)
BB ($18.50)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, MP calls $1, CO calls $1, Button calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($5.10) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, MP folds, CO folds, Button calls $3, BB folds.

Turn: ($11.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, Button checks.

River: ($11.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $3</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $11.10
Old 09-28-2007, 10:27 PM

Default Re: 25NL QJs -- I think I (mostly) have a river question

this is most likely a fold. in most cases your range is not good here and you have not polarized his range at all by checking on the turn. you have to believe that he is a head at least in most cases.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:07 PM

If he was drawing, he will have the A of spades a lot of the time. If he wasn't drawing, you will have a hard time making him fold after you check the turn.

I don't think you can call with Q-high, his bet looks like he is trying to price you in after you've shown weakness over two streets.

A c/r would look massively implausible.

I think you did the right thing.
Old 09-29-2007, 01:17 PM

IMO from typical uNL player this is usually Kx with a weak kicker some A9 A8 or small PP that villan just refuses to fold and some small % of the time a missed draw. Q high doesnt win often enough to call here i think.