Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Running Backs (Pick 3)
Larry Johnson 18 33.33%
Willis McGahee 16 29.63%
Clinton Portis 1 1.85%
Thomas Jones 10 18.52%
Frank Gore 9 16.67%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-20-2007, 03:45 PM

Default Re: PPA should disassociate itself from scandal ridden CEO Poker tour

[ QUOTE ]
Greg,
I was just about to make a post saying that I think that it is the PPA's responsibility to help out with the legal costs of bringing the CEO Poker Tour to justice.

Just because Stephen Feraca has the resources to pursue this issue himself does not mean that the burden should be placed on his shoulders.

It would be one thing if you had no relationship with the CEO Poker Tour, in that instance it would behoove you to help go after them as it benefits all of us to get scammers out of the poker industry. It is another thing altogether that your organization had endorsed the CEO Poker Tour. In my mind your endorsement absolutely must be rectified or the word of the PPA will be in question in the future.

Please contact Stephen Feraca directly about supporting his legal siege on the CEO Poker Tour.

Please also post here with who I need to contact within the PPA to make my sentiments known.

Thanks again for being proactive on this issue and for your continued presence on this board.

Steve

PS- Greg your PM box is full.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT.

Taking a backseat here is not cool. The PPA supported the CEOPT. If the PPA doesn't help (considerably) in rectifying this situation, then I will no longer support the PPA.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can 2p2 do an IP address ping on pokerdoc101 and CeoPoker1, I can venture an educated guess that the IP addresses are identical!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they are identical.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never laughed at ANYTHING authored (speech, typed, etc) by Mason until this!
Old 07-20-2007, 04:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Can 2p2 do an IP address ping on pokerdoc101 and CeoPoker1, I can venture an educated guess that the IP addresses are identical!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes they are identical.

Best wishes,
Mason

[/ QUOTE ]

I have never laughed at ANYTHING authored (speech, typed, etc) by Mason until this!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mason deserves mad props for the time and effort he's putting into this. I've always had the opinion that Mason made a concentrated effort to avoid getting in the middle of controversy, especially when acting as the head of twoplustwo. For him to dive into the middle of this and support his readers, customers, and fellow poker players is an act of community service.

And no Mason, I'm not blowing smoke up your ass.

-Tex
Old 07-20-2007, 04:28 PM

Mr, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Please be so kind as to PM me,as I would respect the fact that the PPA is going to step up to the plate with regard to its members,esp. after endorsing the CEO Poker Tour.I will exchange contact #'s after receiving your PM

Thanks You,
~stephen feraca
Old 07-20-2007, 04:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Mr, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

Please be so kind as to PM me,as I would respect the fact that the PPA is going to step up to the plate with regard to its members,esp. after endorsing the CEO Poker Tour.I will exchange contact #'s after receiving your PM

Thanks You,
~stephen feraca

[/ QUOTE ]

Did the PPA actually endorse them? Or did they just allow them to put the PPA brochure in their tournament literature packages?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:38 PM

I would say "ANY" involvement whatsoever with a NEW company/entity is basically saying your are behind them in no uncertain terms.
Did they OFFICIALLY endorse them...I dont know?
Old 07-20-2007, 04:42 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Greg,
I was just about to make a post saying that I think that it is the PPA's responsibility to help out with the legal costs of bringing the CEO Poker Tour to justice.

Just because Stephen Feraca has the resources to pursue this issue himself does not mean that the burden should be placed on his shoulders.

It would be one thing if you had no relationship with the CEO Poker Tour, in that instance it would behoove you to help go after them as it benefits all of us to get scammers out of the poker industry. It is another thing altogether that your organization had endorsed the CEO Poker Tour. In my mind your endorsement absolutely must be rectified or the word of the PPA will be in question in the future.

Please contact Stephen Feraca directly about supporting his legal siege on the CEO Poker Tour.

Please also post here with who I need to contact within the PPA to make my sentiments known.

Thanks again for being proactive on this issue and for your continued presence on this board.

Steve

PS- Greg your PM box is full.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFMFT.

Taking a backseat here is not cool. The PPA supported the CEOPT. If the PPA doesn't help (considerably) in rectifying this situation, then I will no longer support the PPA.

[/ QUOTE ]

this was pretty much what i was going to say. if you put your support behind an organization, tell your members they are trustworthy, and it is later found that they scammed your members you HAVE to go after them. especially after the "committed to protecting their players" statement. the board shouldnt even consider walking away. Jared's statement that the PPA hasnt made itself recognizable by single action is a good point. You guys finally have an opportunity to make the people who point that out not have any ammunition. however, if you walk away, your organization becomes pretty much worthless and the players who you represent will no longer wish for you to represent them.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:01 PM

Well at least I'll have my red,white and blue PPA ribbon lapel pin to wear,when I am out on the town..lol

I made my donation,believing what they stood for,and I certainly hope they come foward and prove that.

A Fellow PPA Member,
~stephen feraca
Old 07-20-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What 18% did we take at the Taj? At this point that is not true. The rake was not 18% at the Taj. We didnt even have a charity component.

And as I explained in the thread above the numbers above proove we didnt have an 18% or 20% juice. Please look at the pay outs.

My statement I believe addresses what type of action we are ready to take to address the concerns of the players and the forum.

Maria
CEO POKER

[/ QUOTE ]

Maria you have really pinned yourself in a corner. You claim the Taj Mahal entrants were not overcharged. Here are the exact numbers form the prliminary events at the Taj. They follow a similar pattern of excessive juice.

Here are the numbers for the events you claimed werent overcharged.

BUY-IN $550

Prizepool $116,100
Entires: 258

258 x $450 = $116,100
FINAL RESULTS: May.19 VIEW STANDINGS: May.19

$450 of each players $550 went into the Prizepool.

Each Player paid $450 + $100

May 20th 163 entires at $550

Total Prizepool $73,350

163 x $450 = $73,350

Again the players were charged $450 + $100

May 21 138 entries at $550

Total Prizepool $62,100

Guess what

138 x 450 = $62,100

Three tournaments where players paid $450 plus $100 juice

Next was the $1625 buyin

77 Entries

Prizepool of $85,250

This tourney was a staggering $1107 + $518 juice.

Can you dispute these exact numbers?

Every CEO tourney from the Taj, Palms and Venetian all have the same pattern. An entry fee that shows 8-10% juice but an actual 18-20% taken out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Will wait for someone from CEO to dispute these exact numbers....

[/ QUOTE ]

I will await Marias response to these exact Taj numbers when i look at this thread later today.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Still waiting for Marias response to these exact numbers (especially the $1625 buy in tourney)..... after she had claimed that the Taj Mahal entrants did not pay 18 - 20% juice......
Old 07-20-2007, 05:09 PM

not only should the PPA fix this QUICK so as not to get a black eye, so to speak, this couldnt help any of our causes incl certain Libertarian VP aspirations.