Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-24-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Re: PAC 10 investigating Bush family

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How did this not raise red flags immediatly after they moved in? There is no way that family is rich enough to afford a $750,000 home.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

pointless story: i was substitute teaching at one of the most ghetto schools in san diego. one of the teacher's pointed a security guard out to me. it was reggie's dad (step dad technically).he seemed cool.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to go out on a limb here and say he is not working that job anymore.
Old 04-24-2006, 03:11 PM

I'm more amazed that yahoo.com was able to break this story ahead of any real news outlets.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How did this not raise red flags immediatly after they moved in? There is no way that family is rich enough to afford a $750,000 home.

[/ QUOTE ]

why is that?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because they are black. Duh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or because I'm from San Diego and am familiar with Helix High School and the surrounding area and I also found out what his mother and stepfather do for a living through a little searching online. There is no way they could afford a $750,000 house.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't actually gave them the house, they were just living there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that against NCAA rules?

It seems like there could be tons and tons of ways to get around NCAA rules. Like a booster could give Reggie's parents $50,000 and they could use that to buy him things. Could that be considered legal? Maybe Reggie's step dad could get a job as a security guard at USC but get paid $500/hr?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At issue is the San Diego-area home's connection with businessman Michael Michaels, who reportedly attempted to steer Bush toward signing with San Diego agent David Caravantes, and sought to handle Bush's marketing with a new firm he had founded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is anyone else as disturbed about this name as I am?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He didn't actually gave them the house, they were just living there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that against NCAA rules?

It seems like there could be tons and tons of ways to get around NCAA rules. Like a booster could give Reggie's parents $50,000 and they could use that to buy him things. Could that be considered legal? Maybe Reggie's step dad could get a job as a security guard at USC but get paid $500/hr?

[/ QUOTE ]

All those things are against NCAA rules. One way they will hook up players is to hire their dads or highschool coaches on the team staff. Give them some BS job so they can hang out with the kid and see all the road games.

Reggie did the full gambit of ESPN shows today, Every single show. M&M, cold pizza, nfl draft special, PTI, sporstcenter. They all softballed questions to him till SC. The anchor asked him if his parents paid for the house. He dodged. He asked why his parents moved out so quickly, he dodged. It was pretty funny after seeing all the other shows ask around the issue.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have to be non-family. I'm sure with enough degrees of seperation it would be hard to prove, but then you are bringing in more potential thiefs and extorters into the mix.

This is amazing to me because they were (and still are) so close to hitting the jackpot. Why couldn't his family hold out for 1 more year?
Old 04-24-2006, 11:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would have to be non-family. I'm sure with enough degrees of seperation it would be hard to prove, but then you are bringing in more potential thiefs and extorters into the mix.

This is amazing to me because they were (and still are) so close to hitting the jackpot. Why couldn't his family hold out for 1 more year?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because this will have zero effect on his career. Its a pretty minor infraction because this guy wasn't affiliated with the school. They may have to forfeit a game or two but Reggie will not be affected in anyway unless the Heisman commitee decides to come after him.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:55 PM

They should all go to jail for the rest of their lives.

Good job yahoo, on reporting a non-story.
Old 04-25-2006, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why the hell should they have to wait? Its ok for the NCAA to sell t.v. rights, schools to sell tickets, and for them to use Bush's celebrity without payment to promote their business, and you think the Bush familly should have to wait an extra year to move into a nice house.

Oh, and don't start in on, he chose to play argument. College sports are the only development league out there. They're a virtual monopoly on sports, and they a)shouldn't be able to profit off of him without paying him, and be shouldn't be able to deny him representation so that he can make the most informed decisions possible.