Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-04-2007, 06:57 PM

Default .5/1 KK A Million Players to the Flop

PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: (16 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, MP1 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Turn: (8 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
Hero?

I was hoping to call one and try to spike my kings. I'm pretty astonished when this gets checked through.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:01 PM

Default Re: .5/1 KK A Million Players to the Flop

I wouldbet the flop.
Old 09-04-2007, 07:42 PM

if playing live, i would mutter "[censored]" when the button checked the flop and instabet the turn.

online, i would chuckle to myself and still bet the turn.

the board is slow today, soma, but you should ease up on the OPs. i can tell you again that replying to hands is better for you than posting, but i obviously have no idea what i'm talking about.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:04 PM

With 14 unknown cards in the field, I think the expectation value on number of aces has just passed 1. That said, I think you have to bet the flop; there's a good chance you're best, and you might even get a weak ace to fold.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:07 PM

lol - this guy has AA [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] for sure!

i might bet this flop as the pot is giant and I really don't want to get forced out so soon ...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
With 14 unknown cards in the field, I think the expectation value on number of aces has just passed 1. That said, I think you have to bet the flop; there's a good chance you're best, and you might even get a weak ace to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

in a game that features 8 to the flop my question is ... what planet are you from?
Old 09-04-2007, 08:12 PM

The planet where everybody limps, calls a raise, then checks all the way through [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I'm amazed at the weak-tight play that I see sometimes.
Old 09-04-2007, 08:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The planet where everybody limps, calls a raise, then checks all the way through [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] I'm amazed at the weak-tight play that I see sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

weak aces can and will check - they do all the time (that's the nature of weak players) ... what they never do is fold [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
you should never ever think that a weak ace will fold ... it's just not going to happen ...
Old 09-04-2007, 08:27 PM

8 players to the flop. Someone has an Ace or a 6 dont they ?

Or maybe you have the best hand.

If you do have the best hand, I imagine that you are unlikely to be overtaken by another hand. Not many flush or straight draws out there.

Nonetheless, I think I prefer betting the flop to checking.

As played, I would definitely bet the turn after the flop was checked through. (I would also be prepared to fold to a raise).

Edit: I seem to miss these wild games on Stars with 8 players to a flop. The Stars games that I play in all seem to be as tight as a nun's hoohah ! Perhaps, its all in the timing ? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]