Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2007, 05:34 AM

Default Re: Ivey Crushing Aba Now

Why does Ivey keep playing whitelime? I have never seen him win vs white but of course I haven't seen all the matches either. Phil constantly plays big pots OOP with marginal hands. Whitelime in basically non-stop aggression and seems to overpower Phil.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The black man can play some poker

[/ QUOTE ]
the stupid idiot can type

[/ QUOTE ]

The judgemental moron can subtly ridicule someone for their facetious racial comments.

[/ QUOTE ]

leveled

[/ QUOTE ]

tehe
Old 07-19-2007, 06:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

Look, is this any surprise to anyone? We all know Brian used to be a good player, but after his hand vs. Bobby and this session vs. Phil, it's pretty clear that he doesn't have it anymore. Same thing has happened to so many guys who briefly did very well at poker. It's clear that the game has passed Brian by and there's a new generation of poker pros like KRANTZ, whitelime, and FWF who are redefining the rules of how to win at high stakes. I don't really see any purpose to even bother with any more aba sweat threads. Let's focus on new guys like KRANTZ who are actually relevant players in the poker world.

[/ QUOTE ]

ROTFLOL...I bow to the master! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 07-19-2007, 09:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why does Ivey keep playing whitelime? I have never seen him win vs white but of course I haven't seen all the matches either. Phil constantly plays big pots OOP with marginal hands. Whitelime in basically non-stop aggression and seems to overpower Phil.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil used to lose to Aba as well. IMHO, his greatest asset is the ability to adjust. It'd be silly to think Phil doesn't understand position. I assume its part of a long term exploitive strategy.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

Look, is this any surprise to anyone? We all know Brian used to be a good player, but after his hand vs. Bobby and this session vs. Phil, it's pretty clear that he doesn't have it anymore. Same thing has happened to so many guys who briefly did very well at poker. It's clear that the game has passed Brian by and there's a new generation of poker pros like KRANTZ, whitelime, and FWF who are redefining the rules of how to win at high stakes. I don't really see any purpose to even bother with any more aba sweat threads. Let's focus on new guys like KRANTZ who are actually relevant players in the poker world.

[/ QUOTE ]

aba = nick anderson of the poker world.

[/ QUOTE ]

aba is like Buckner walking back in Shea. His a has-been.
Old 07-19-2007, 02:06 PM

Anderson had one of my favorite sets of quotes earlier in those playoffs against the Bulls. Jordan had just come back from baseball wearing #45 (after death of father etc) and the Magic took a quick and easy lead in the series. Anderson postgame: "Number 45 ain't like number 23. 23, he'd take off like the space shuttle. 45, he gets revved but don't go nowhere." Next game MJ goes back to #23 and scores around 60, on Anderson. Anderson postgame: "I, I, I wasn't trying to put the man down or anything. I was just trying to say he plays better wearing #23. I think he proved my point."
Old 07-19-2007, 05:10 PM

as i said earlier, ivey was just rolling over brian

http://www.highstakesdb.com/poker-re...-townsend.aspx
Old 07-19-2007, 05:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Guys,

[/ QUOTE ]

Your sarcasm posts are getting kind of old...

[/ QUOTE ]

Does this surprise anyone? We all know that El D used to be the top poster in this forum, but it's clear that leveling has passed El D bh and he should move over for guys like darom03.