Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2007, 06:55 AM

Default 100NL thinnish river shove

I'd played less than an orbit with him so far. FWIW he called the turn pretty quickly.

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $124.37
BB: $97.36
UTG: $115.05
Hero (MP): $162.65
CO: $99.00
BTN: $98.50

Preflop: Hero is dealt Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">BB raises to $10.00</font>, Hero calls $6.00

Flop: ($20.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $10.00</font>, Hero calls $10.00

Turn: ($40.50) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $29.00</font>, BB calls $29.00

River: ($98.50) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $95.50</font>
Old 06-27-2007, 07:05 AM

Default Re: 100NL thinnish river shove

Don't really understand this w/o reads, dont like p/f. As played I chk behind river, we have a bit of showdown value and we don't know whether villian is capable of folding overpair (I assume you know this is a bluff right?)
Old 06-27-2007, 07:06 AM

Looks more like a bluff than a value shove, no worse hand is calling here. On this board, this is pure spew. You have good showdown value so why not check behind?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:25 AM

I see you bluffing out AQ more often than getting called by JJ.

Also, I probably preflop until I get a better line on his play.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:51 AM

KQ is not the hand you call 3-bets with because all hands except JJ crush you when you flop something.

The call on the flop is just standard, and the turn bet isnt really bad either. But I totally dont het why you bet on the river? The board is so scary that Villain easily could have Aces or Kings and is c/c or c/f. I like to check this river unless you KNOW that villain throws his overpair away on that river
Old 06-27-2007, 08:15 AM

I don't think this is that bad because its only 1/2 pot for him to call. I might think about raising the flop though because its pretty drawy. AQ never folds here imo, and pf is pretty marginal.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:45 AM

To be completely honest, I believe you played this hand poorly. IMHO here is why:

Pre-flop: You don't know how your opponent plays, and he doesn't know how you play. It's unlikely he is making a move on your pre-flop raise without any information unless he is really LAGgy, but we don't know that.

Even against a good player your hand is behind with bad drawing abilities to the best hand.

We also have no idea how he plays post-flop, so we can't expect to know when we can bluff him which we will have to do to make this +EV. Therefore I fold.

Flop: OK, you're here now and he makes a weakish bet. You're WA/WB. I think you played this well by calling.

Turn: I really feel you are still WA/WB here. It is possible he just cbet the flop with AK and will fold, but he could easily be preparing for a check-raise with a strong hand. We really don't know so we should be trying to get to see the river for free here.

River: I think you hand is behind here. The reason I think this is because the hands that you beat probably would have folded the turn (except for a slight few like As Tx, possibly JJ, rarely QJ or KQ). Given those hands don't make a large portion of his range on the river, and even smaller part of his calling range I would consider checking.

But what about bluffing? It is an interesting situation. Without a read as to what he does with AA, KK, AQ, KQ, QJ, JJ on this street, or streets prior, I don't believe we can bluff here.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:03 AM

fold pf. your hand is most likely crushed by an unknown's pf raise range. as played, i don't mind the flop call. the turn bet isn't too bad. the river push is bad. with such a drawy board, you should check behind.

but fold KQo to 3 bets and life becomes so much easier.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:27 AM

I would actually even check turn. He has you beat so often that a actual showdown would be a blessing, you dont have that much of a hand to protect either.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:40 AM

I don't like a turn check here because the board is so drawy. I don't see how you can deduce that he has us beat so often, all he has done is cbet the flop and checked the turn which he will probably do with a load of hands we beat, its not like he is screaming strength here.