Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 05:40 PM

Default Re: HERE COME THE PROS!

[ QUOTE ]

There is also talk of satellite SNGs to their $350 weekly. Talk to them about it if you go there so we can drum it up. Those tourneys should be easy pickings.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be great if true. The $350 is an awesome structure, but I don't really want to put up the full buyin. Hopefully, the satellite structure won't be too bad though.
Old 07-04-2007, 05:53 PM

Default Re: Well, Florida, how did the first day of NL/$5limit games treat you

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so why are some people saying that money plays and some not? what is the rule on that? does money play at any 1-2 or 2-5 tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Only $100 bills play as paper currency in NL games at the Tampa Hard Rock

[/ QUOTE ]

On call work got in the way of going out on Sunday to play, plan on going over Friday night.

I am still confused at how the buyin system is working, or if it is just working like it does in Vegas?

Can someone clarify what the exact protocol at Tampa HR. Can you sit and buy chips in any amount, or do I have to buy $100 in chips and keep $100 bills behind or what?
Old 07-04-2007, 06:38 PM

In Florida you have to put down $100 at a time.

Say that you have a full rack of red $5 chips (total $500 of course)

You have to put down each stack of $100 on the table by stack at a time right after another. You cant just empty the $500 rack all at once.

So it might take somebody an extra 10-20 seconds to put the whole amount on the table as opposed to Vegas where somebody can just empty a whole rack all at once.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In Florida you have to put down $100 at a time.

Say that you have a full rack of red $5 chips (total $500 of course)

You have to put down each stack of $100 on the table by stack at a time right after another. You cant just empty the $500 rack all at once.

So it might take somebody an extra 10-20 seconds to put the whole amount on the table as opposed to Vegas where somebody can just empty a whole rack all at once.

[/ QUOTE ]

How do those people with the $20k buy ins do it?? I was at Hard Rock Hollywood last night and saw one table with people sitting on mountain stacks of $5,000 chips, no way there are doing the $100 at a time thing that you speak of.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:22 PM

Has anyone heard anything about the rooms letting no limit players make deals or run two boards? A player made a request the other night at a $2/5 game at Coconut Creek, but the other player declined. We had a brief discussion with the floor, but it was clear they hadn't really thought about it or made a decision yet.
Old 07-05-2007, 01:25 PM

There is a meeting about the NL law in July sometime (23rd?) I would think that would be 1 of the items discussed and ruled on. (Cardroom managers take note!)
Old 07-05-2007, 01:49 PM

If the rake is already maxed (which in such cases it almost always will be), the house really should not care. IF the house objects because it is killing time and they want to get in another hand, then maybe there could be an additional rake charge for running two boards; and the house could call a clock on a deal, after which an additional rake would apply.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:07 PM

While the floor was at my table at HR Hollywood he was mumbling something about having all kinds of new rules regarding cash games. While he was there I asked about deals and running multiple turns/rivers/boards and he told me it was allowed in games that were 10/25 and higher.

I wouldn't take that as the final word. It was pretty evident that the floor people were still clueless at this point since it was still their first day spreading high stakes games.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:00 PM

What is available in/around the panhandle? I see lots of talk about Tampa, Jax, Palm Beach, etc. I travel to the panhandle from Tennessee several times per year and am curious if there is anyplace to play around Destin. Thanks.

EDIT: found Ebro Greyhound Park at Hwy 79 and 20 (http://www.ebrogreyhoundpark.com/index.php) -- anybody got any insights? Looks like NL from $1/$2 up to $5/$5 with min buyin of $40 up to $100. $5/$5 seems like a steep price for a $100 stack but once you get ahead...
Old 07-05-2007, 05:54 PM

kaka - as I've mentioned a few times, I've been to Destin about a zillion times because my parents live there.

Next week I'm moving to Panama City (not related to the poker, just good timing in a way).

It appears that almost nobody on these forums has much experience playing at the Ebro room.

I figured out on their website and maybe another link:
22 tables, but for some of the year the poker-room had only been open 4 days a week so I'm guessing the players haven't exactly been beating down the doors to get in there.

The market ain't exactly so huge obviously and anyone in Tallahassee it appears can just go to the room that is closer to them.

Maybe there will be more activity there now with the higher stakes. I'll probably have a report from a trip to that place perhaps in a couple weeks.

My Dad in Destin says that the Ebro track actually does advertise to the Destin market which obviously isn't that huge either. But it's probably the best they've got outside of Panama City. There just aren't that many people there.

As you probably realize, it's likely over an hour from Destin to Ebro, especially when traffic sucks.