Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 01-20-2007, 05:13 PM

Default Two-pair but 2 opponents betting aggressively

Hi,

This hand has been bugging me for the last 24 hours. I still can't decide if I was a calling station or just plain unlucky. Should I have have laid this down on the turn or river? Or is it not possible to get away from my hand?

Button is a 43/12/3, BB is a 37/22/3.5

Full Tilt Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $5/$10
6 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $463.50
UTG+1: $147
Hero: $199
Button: $64
SB: $133.50
BB: $347

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4.75BB, 3 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, Button calls.

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (13.75BB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises all-in $19</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: 21.45BB
<font color="#ffffff">BB showed 9c 9h</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Button mucks Kh As</font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero mucks 9d Tc</font>
Old 01-20-2007, 05:25 PM

Default Re: Two-pair but 2 opponents betting aggressively

I would fold the turn. You are likely behind and you only have 4 outs.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would fold the turn. You are likely behind and you only have 2 outs if any.

[/ QUOTE ]

edit: i guess this wasnt a good answer. despite the stats i dont think i call two cold on the turn becuz even though button could play AJ or AQ this way i dont see BB doing this with QsJs or a pair of aces often enough to call. When we re behind its likely to AT A9 99 maybe TT from BB or best case scenario 33 or A3(which we have 4 outs against and not nearly the pot odds to call against anyways). All of these have us drawing dead or nearly dead and possibly needing to put in many more bets to get to showdown.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:03 AM

Yes, having read this and thought about it I agree. I think I must play a lot more conservatively in 3-way pots than I have been doing.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:34 AM

please remove the results next time, I guess if it said villians had AK and AQ that the comments here would be really different than the onces now, personally I woudnt fold the turn (pot is big and you have outs, and maiby the best hand) but prolly fold the river, because I cant see BB 3betting the river with a weaker hand.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, having read this and thought about it I agree. I think I must play a lot more conservatively in 3-way pots than I have been doing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong, in multiway big pots you need to play more loosely and go further with gutshots etc if the pot allows you. In small pots however you need to be conservative.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:01 AM

After BB check raises the turn and makes it 3 bets it looks like you are drawing to 4 outs or dead against a set. Button cold called you and is raising the turn, it looks like a possible AT. Also BB could have called the pf raise with an A in his hand and now have 2 pair with AT,A9,A3. To me it looks like most of the time either BB or button or both have you beat and you have 0-4 outs. I would not cold call 2 bets on the turn.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:06 PM

Well, at first I thought fold the turn. Then I thought this might be a little weak. So call down.
But now I guess a fold is better because its against two villains raising and reraising that turn.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:54 PM

Ouch! Since you raised preflop and bet the flop, they have to figure you for an ace. On the turn, you have two pair, but even if you river a T or 8 doesn't mean you always win (AT/A8 could be in either button or BB's hand).

So you have to fold on the turn, even getting 11-1. You have two opponents that like their hands, so if you have one of them beat, you probably don't have the other one beat.
Old 01-21-2007, 01:59 PM

I don't like pf with this guy sitting on our left.