Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Band of brothers nuff said...

I just got done watching that series and i was absolutely amazed by what thsoe men went through and did. Im looking for favorite moments of the series, favorite characters and also what happend with us as a whole becasue that trully was the greatest generation ever to live in america why and how did we loose that pride protective qualities for our country, family and fellow brother.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:28 PM

Default Re: Band of brothers nuff said...

[ QUOTE ]
what happend with us as a whole becasue that trully was the greatest generation ever to live in america why and how did we loose that pride protective qualities for our country, family and fellow brother.

[/ QUOTE ]

I blame the educational system.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:35 PM

Crosspost from another thread:

[ QUOTE ]
People on Youtube have made a ton of vids of Band of Brothers set to music.

This video is terrific and shows the relationship between the medic Eugene Roe and the Belgian nurse that I mentioned earlier.

Every time that I remember that this really happened, that there really was a Eugene Roe and the people he served with really did live and die; it's like a kick in the gut. I was in the military, but in peacetime, so never suffered more than loss of sleep. Thinking about what they went through really works me over.

edit: Here's another Doc Roe video with the nurse.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-18-2007, 07:38 PM

I'm constantly throwing on one episode or another...it never fails to engross me. And I've said it before, but I truly believe BOB to one of the great achievements in film making. Ever.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:21 AM

An old professor of mine is teaching a first year humanities seminar. The first unit is "the warrior." Over many beers one summer night we got to talking about his lesson plans for that unit and BOB came up. He aired "Day of Days" for the kids this past Friday night.

Winters is an excellent character but Lipton is really the guy that keeps the company together.

The assault of the guns at Brecourt Manor is my favorite scene. Brilliant depiction of small unit tactics. I wish they did a better job explaining the significance of the tanks that show up at the end, though. The beach commander at Omaha ordered a tank platoon to Brecourt to relieve Winters' men. Those tanks crashed through the hedges to root out the remnants of the platoon that had been guarding the guns. Sink scratched off a letter informing Winters that those tanks were sent as thanks for eliminating the guns and for finding the map that showed German positions.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Crosspost from another thread:

[ QUOTE ]
People on Youtube have made a ton of vids of Band of Brothers set to music.

This video is terrific and shows the relationship between the medic Eugene Roe and the Belgian nurse that I mentioned earlier.

Every time that I remember that this really happened, that there really was a Eugene Roe and the people he served with really did live and die; it's like a kick in the gut. I was in the military, but in peacetime, so never suffered more than loss of sleep. Thinking about what they went through really works me over.

edit: Here's another Doc Roe video with the nurse.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice videos. Amazing series. I dont know if I could single out a favorite scene really. It is all incredible. Favorite characters would probably be Bull Randleman and Winters.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:05 PM

Crossroads is my favorite with every other episode a close second. However, I can't watch a single B.O.B. unless I plan on watching the entire series from start to finish.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:24 PM

I like the interviews with the real guys.
That was a great touch.
Old 09-19-2007, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The assault of the guns at Brecourt Manor is my favorite scene. Brilliant depiction of small unit tactics. I wish they did a better job explaining the significance of the tanks that show up at the end, though. The beach commander at Omaha ordered a tank platoon to Brecourt to relieve Winters' men. Those tanks crashed through the hedges to root out the remnants of the platoon that had been guarding the guns. Sink scratched off a letter informing Winters that those tanks were sent as thanks for eliminating the guns and for finding the map that showed German positions.

[/ QUOTE ]

The thing about that scene that does it for me is to compare how, for lack of a better term, gung-ho Buck Compton is in that scene, and then remember how absolutely broken he was less than a year later.

Also, BoB (along with Boomtown) has me convinced that Donnie Wahlberg is a vastly underrated actor. Who would have thunk it?
Old 09-19-2007, 06:46 PM

Favorite characters: Winters, of course, and Nixon.

Favorite episode: "Why We Fight" (concentration camp)

My one beef: Casting David Schwimmer as Sobel. But the more I watch it, the less this bothers me.

[ QUOTE ]
I can't watch a single B.O.B. unless I plan on watching the entire series from start to finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.