Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 01:44 PM

Default (Crosspost) Vote for new software!

I made a post earlier ( here ) about a software I thought would help us limit players tremendously in analyzing and improving our game. I e-mailed Poker Academy and they said they may write it IF they thought enough people would buy it. To convince them of that vote here )

Ty
Old 09-21-2007, 01:57 PM

Default Re: (Crosspost) Vote for new software!

One thing that confuses me about your suggestion is how to deal with the multiple branches than can happen after the flop. Say you specify a range and some actions for him after a flop. Your response to those actions then has to be programmed. Then his response to your response has to be programmed. These reactions all depend on what cards fall on the turn and river and leads to a lot of possibilities.
Old 09-22-2007, 08:59 AM

Default Re: (Crosspost) Vote for new software!

[ QUOTE ]
One thing that confuses me about your suggestion is how to deal with the multiple branches than can happen after the flop. Say you specify a range and some actions for him after a flop. Your response to those actions then has to be programmed. Then his response to your response has to be programmed. These reactions all depend on what cards fall on the turn and river and leads to a lot of possibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

U should only program ur opps strategy and the the software should run through different lines, calculate and present their EV. Of course u have to choose different lines for ur opp depending on what cards that falls. This will take time. But u don't have to make a perfect job before this analysis becomes better than the normal guess. Probably ur opp will play all 'blanks' the same etc. Sinc you should be able to select a large group of hands this will speed up things.

But u are correct that it will take work from the user to use this tool well.