FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Are you down
YES, AWESOME 10 66.67%
NO, BASTARD 5 33.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-27-2007, 01:53 AM

Default Re: The Fate of #756 by Marc Ecko

mt2r,

I just don't get how you can be such a great college football poster but be such a douche in almost every other thread.

edit to add: You seem to just post in other threads to mess with people, while putting actual effort into college football threads. It's a shame you like to troll so much.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hmmmm.....is the issue I'm talking about steroids?
Is game-fixing no longer taking place, or just not talked about?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea what the issue your talking about is because you keep flip-flopping between hating Bonds and your disillusionment with modern baseball.

I'm not even going to respond to the other part.
Old 09-27-2007, 01:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MT2R, all the evidence passes your sniff test because you want it to. Secondly, it doesn't even need to anyways for people like you. You hate him, plain and simple.

[/ QUOTE ]

I, actually, used to like Bonds quite a bit
he was a great 5-tool player
turned out he didn't have good character according to my personal standards and broke down IMO

yes, it always comes down to one's own personal standards of living

evidence passes the sniff test because I'm a rational human being. Hell, I'm a huge Cards fan, but i'm fairly certain McGwire used many products. I also suspect Edmonds and Tatis of quite a bit as well. I am up in the air on Pujols.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mt2r,

I just don't get how you can be such a great college football poster but be such a douche in almost every other thread.

edit to add: You seem to just post in other threads to mess with people, while putting actual effort into college football threads. It's a shame you like to troll so much.

[/ QUOTE ]

usually, it comes down to if people agree with what I'm saying, they like it and vice versa.

I'm very opinionated and share it far too often on anonymous internet message boards
EDIT: I don't like that I give my opinions so much on message boards. It's one of my personal failings.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:19 AM

I don't know. I thought you were [censored] crazy when I first read your football posts. But I came around to your side because you presented tons of logical conclusions for that stuff. The posts you make in this thread are the exact opposite to the informative logical ones in CFB threads. You probably already know this, so me writing this is kinda pointless.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:22 AM

I;m far from a Bonds fan, but this is the most important record in sports. The ball should be sent to the HOF as is, even if Bonds once injected himself on national tv.

This result saddens me somewhat, but most people arent very intelligent.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know. I thought you were [censored] crazy when I first read your football posts. But I came around to your side because you presented tons of logical conclusions for that stuff. The posts you make in this thread are the exact opposite to the informative logical ones in CFB threads. You probably already know this, so me writing this is kinda pointless.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm just a prime example of why one should or should not take copius amounts of mind-altering/awareness substances and/or participate in mind-altering/awareness activities and recognize such
Old 09-27-2007, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I;m far from a Bonds fan, but this is the most important record in sports. The ball should be sent to the HOF as is, even if Bonds once injected himself on national tv.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, how condescending! If someone disagrees with you, it is only because they are less intelligent. That makes sense!

I voted to banish it, but to be honest, this might be better. Barry Bonds is a steriod-using cheater and now no one will ever forget that. "He broke the HR record, sure. But he juiced himself full of steriods for 12 years to do it. Remember kids, it is not just the achievement that matters. Sometimes how you achieved it matters more." Is that a much better message to send? Cherishing the acomplishments of ethically challenged people is wrong. Especially when it was their poor ethics that enabled the acomplishment.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:03 AM

CSC,
It is very unlikely Bonds did steroids for 12 years.
Should baseball brand everything of Rafael Palmeiro's, Sammy Sosa's, Gaylord Perrys, Mark McGwire, etc.
Old 09-27-2007, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, how condescending! If someone disagrees with you, it is only because they are less intelligent. That makes sense!

I voted to banish it, but to be honest, this might be better. Barry Bonds is a steriod-using cheater and now no one will ever forget that. "He broke the HR record, sure. But he juiced himself full of steriods for 12 years to do it. Remember kids, it is not just the achievement that matters. Sometimes how you achieved it matters more." Is that a much better message to send? Cherishing the acomplishments of ethically challenged people is wrong. Especially when it was their poor ethics that enabled the acomplishment.

[/ QUOTE ]

funny what revisionist history can do