Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 11-22-2007, 03:30 AM

Location: Don\'t Call it a comeback... Ive been here for years
Default Re: Standard Squeeze spot vs THE ILLEST

If empire saw your hand, i dont think hed try to bluff you off it often. Since your hand is fairly face up, i think hes doing this much more often for value than for a straight bluff with overs or whatever, so id prob fold unless hes getting out of line a lot this session.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:10 AM

yea, i thought that this was close at first, and now i think JJ is close and TT is a clear fold. i don't really agree that TT= QQ here, i really think he can have JJ here sometimes (i can't imagine how else he would play it?) and definitely def QQ frequently.

so, i think TT is a fold (but maybe close) and JJ is suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper close, and QQ is a snap insta call.

Anyways, i called, primarilyl bc of the FD coming on the turn, and because i tanked a long time on the flop to call (although that is almost never something that i put any stock in) and because i've called em2 a nit many times before, so i thought he might have put some stock in that.

he showed AQo and i held somehow.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lol at folding preflop.
and i think calling turn is pure spew. also it doesn't really matter if your opponent is like 'whoa u are folding 2 tens here!!!' because guess what, if he bluffs when he has AK u will stack him all the other times u have QQ KK AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at folding preflop. and then the board comes about as good as it possibly can and we fold the turn.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol at folding preflop.
and i think calling turn is pure spew. also it doesn't really matter if your opponent is like 'whoa u are folding 2 tens here!!!' because guess what, if he bluffs when he has AK u will stack him all the other times u have QQ KK AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol at folding preflop. and then the board comes about as good as it possibly can and we fold the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

with all due respect, i think T 2 2 or T T 4 would have been better.

i also still contain that folding preflop is kind of funny, and at least a little bit nitty- you can make a better case if i have like 95 bbs bc i forgot to reload.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

with all due respect, this comment is completely retarded.
Old 11-22-2007, 09:36 AM

The thing is, are you calling 88 here? AQ? Are you shoving this flop with QQ? It seems lke your flop call range is so well defined and so small that it's too easy to play against. Obviously there's a chance you "outplay" him by correctly guessing his frequencies, but the fact that he is the agressor in this spot means that the balance is weighed extremely heavily in his favor (in that his mistakes always at least have some fairly decent probability of winning him a huge pot, yours end up losing always).

It might sound retarded but pitching TT pf just for game theoretic reasons can't be that bad... either that or shove this flop, or never shove flop, but those both seem even worse.
Old 11-22-2007, 11:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The thing is, are you calling 88 here? AQ? Are you shoving this flop with QQ? It seems lke your flop call range is so well defined and so small that it's too easy to play against. Obviously there's a chance you "outplay" him by correctly guessing his frequencies, but the fact that he is the agressor in this spot means that the balance is weighed extremely heavily in his favor (in that his mistakes always at least have some fairly decent probability of winning him a huge pot, yours end up losing always).

It might sound retarded but pitching TT pf just for game theoretic reasons can't be that bad... either that or shove this flop, or never shove flop, but those both seem even worse.

[/ QUOTE ]
good post, lots of good points here. against em2 hes never makin a ton of mistakes here
Old 11-22-2007, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, because his range doesn't change at all with the flopbet and the turnpush.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:09 PM

Uh, if his range is really that narrowed then we don't get nearly the right odds to call pf but it's so close that calling pre is not a mistake (depends on how often he squeezes light).
If he is giving up with AK and bluffs a lot on the flop then I like a flop fold.
I just don't understand how someone like EM2 can be very good at one hand and be that transparent on the other..
I mean if you have to fold everything except for (jj) QQ+ then why shouldn't he push a wide range of hands on the turn?
You will barely ever have KK-AA and QQ and maybe JJ are the hands that will call him so by pushing AK always on the turn he is balancing his lines with QQ+ plus turning his semibluff into a +EV longtermplay because you will fold too many combinations that have him in bad shape.

I just cannot believe he is such a nit..